Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am almost ready to dive into buying my exhaust that I have waited at least 1 year to buy.

Any recommendations about what online store would be the best place to buy the Borla 140125 exhaust system. Are there any forum discounts or other discounts that may help? What prices are people paying?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought the Mopar-Borla cat back, which originally was the "softer" borla [cant remember the number, but it had resonators that looked like stock R/T..]

however, upon getting it back from shop it definitely was NOT the "soft" one, and is much more like the 140125, with the barrel-type resonators.

so.... to actually answer your question, you can also price out the mopar set through dealers or mopar distributors...assuming they are still using the '125 type resonators.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yea the 125 is a lot louder than the 112, but i wouldn't say that its too loud. i've heard it on 2 diff. chargers and i thought it sounded great. i'd say a good price for that system is like 900 dollars.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've got the 125's.....very much like them. If I want more rumble, I just "flip the switch" and open up the DMH cut-outs.....It's a perfect match.....

$950.00 for headers/cat back (Mopar)
$360.00 for Cut outs (DMH)
$475.00 for install ( 2- different systems, done a different times.... would be cheaper if done all at sametime I imagine)

$1785.00..........

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
whoa. wait. whoa..... wait... whoa....

scottwoos. where in gods name did you get mopar headers and catback for 950? hook a brother up

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Quick question; can the 112 be installed on a 3.5L? Any issues if so?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the best deal ever, guy bought a used charger that had the 125's on it and wanted to swap me for factory setup, guess what I did!!!
Yea Baby

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
well hell. looks like i need to spend more time shopping, with a uh... self given... bday gift in 2-3 wks. i thought the 950 at moparsupercenter for the longtubes was nice. and then you got the 125 and the LTs for the same. back to the books! looks like i may have to hit up promotion tuning eh?
*nudge nudge*

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i meant it that way, makes no difference, just used one name instead of the other

·
Registered
121 Posts
I installed the Borla 125 w/ 5" tips from cats back, have the JBA Shorty Headers and JBA High Flow Cats. It is not loud at all. To me it a little throaty but not enough. If you want loud Flowmasters is the way to go. I wanted HP. Waiting (like the rest of us) on my Diablo Sport to come in to see just how much I have gained, I can diffinetly feel the difference in throttle response.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do yourself a favor, find someone in your area with the 125 system. I did not and I regretted it. I had the Borla ...125 installed on my car on a Wed. The drone was awful. So bad that I could not talk to my daughter in the passenger seat. I had it removed, installed the Corsa system 2 days later. The interior sound of the Corsa was much better (IMHO).

Ended up loosing a bit when I sold the Borla. Also, the tips on the 125 are massive. Make sure you like the look of them as well. Check the forums, there is information on the 125 install, left side, being lower than the right. It happened on mine, the mechanic spent extra time evening it up.

Hope the info helps you. - - - Get out there and make sure you are buying one you like--

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do yourself a favor, find someone in your area with the 125 system. I did not and I regretted it. I had the Borla ...125 installed on my car on a Wed. The drone was awful. So bad that I could not talk to my daughter in the passenger seat. I had it removed, installed the Corsa system 2 days later. The interior sound of the Corsa was much better (IMHO).

Ended up loosing a bit when I sold the Borla. Also, the tips on the 125 are massive. Make sure you like the look of them as well. Check the forums, there is information on the 125 install, left side, being lower than the right. It happened on mine, the mechanic spent extra time evening it up.

Hope the info helps you. - - - Get out there and make sure you are buying one you like--

There is indeed a "bad" drone in the magical 1800-2200 rpm range. But whether or not its 'acceptable' depends on the user. I'm usually in the car alone or with 1 passenger, and i kinda like the obnoxious character the drone gives. plus at WOT its awesome, and then add to it the SC high shift point "Hemi Scream" at 6100 rpm.... just... omg....

So I agree w/ Indy that there is a drone, and you need to hear it to make sure you like it. But in my case it's worth it.

Our differences make us all equally unique!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, I'd definitely agree with "Indy Charger" try to find someone in your area for a real life experience. Everyone hears things differently and what may be acceptable to some, may be unacceptable to others. I have the Borla 125 and consistently take business clients around and they have all commented on how "aggressive" the car sounds; but we also are able to chat etc.

I also have blue-tooth enabled so I can speak to people over the phone and the exhaust tone has never been so intrusive that I can't hear them or vice versa.

WOT is a head turner with the Borla 125's and for me, makes the driving the Charger that much sweeter.

Best bet...find someone with them and check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey folks,

I am trying to retain the "take a road trip" driveability of my Daytona, and am also on the fence as to the agressive system or the slightly quieter system.

Borla claims they make the same power, and I was going to install cutouts anyway - should I go quieter for "less cop" trouble?

Also, don't those huge tips look like bazooka's?

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
X E

The large 5 inch Borla tips really compliment the back end of our Chargers. The Chargers are large cars and in my opinion the stock exhaust doesn't enhance the overall design of the car (stock exhaust looks tiny and dark) When you add those large Borla chrome tips it really brings out an "Aggressive" look from behind. Do a search on "Borla exhaust" and you'll see pictures etc.

The "less cop trouble" sound is again, a matter of personal taste and opinion. I have the Borla 125 and think it sounds great, not too loud and not too weak. Then again I like a loud mean sounding car especially at WOT.

Their are all types of ways to modify your exhaust to determine if you "like" a more aggressive sound without spending $$$ on the Borla. Experiment around and see for yourself or hit up a few car shows in your area area and someone will let you hear their ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts