Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a while and getting a lot of good information, and I think I'm getting ready to take the plunge and pick up an R/T Charger.

I've read on the forums that people have been paying different prices in diffferent geographical areas, and I'm curious what people have generally been paying for "off-the-lot" Chargers in Maryland (I live in the Laurel/Elkridge area).

Did you end up paying sticker price? Did you have to pay the "first-on-the-block surcharge" (i.e., over sticker) or did you end up getting the car under sticker? I have no problem paying the going rate -- I'm just trying to figure out what that is.

Would I be more likely to get a deal if I ordered a car?
I realize that nothing is certain -- I'd just like to know what the trend is.

Thanks much in advance!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ordering a Daytona R/T gomango at invoice in Houston just took a week to shop a dealer to take my offer. Keep in mind even at invoice the dealer is still making money.

Good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
I purchased my Dodge Charger on June 14th. The week prior, I shopped around several dealers in the DC/VA/MD area, mostly in the VA side including: Tysons Corner, Fair Oaks, Leesburg, Alexandria, and Dulles. None of the dealerships had the car I wanted, a Midnight Blue SE (or SXT or RT for that matter, though without some serious discounting I was pretty set on the SE). On the 13th, I found a Midnight Blue Charger SE in Waldorf MD, I called the dealership three times and spoke to the manager, had his cell phone, etc...all but signed the paperwork...and then I drove to Waldorf in the awful awful afterwork traffic to formally purchase my car. Somehow they had a miscommunication and had had already DXed the car by the time I got there, I of course was not pleased. I worked out all of the financials that night anyway and had them DX in my car overnight from PA. I was given a Charger loaner for the day, which I put 200 miles on. All in all, I ended up paying 400 beneath sticker, which I thought was pretty good given that it was one of the first chargers sold in the area and many of the dealers were charging a "market correction" over sticker. If I had ordered it, I could have gotten 500 off from Alexandria.

All in all, I was pleased with my arrangement with the folks at Waldorf Dodge and have been in touch with them several times since my purchase, if you are interested in getting a dodge there, I'd be happy to give you my contact and help work his price down.

·
Banned
27 Posts
12-car said:
Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a while and getting a lot of good information, and I think I'm getting ready to take the plunge and pick up an R/T Charger.

I've read on the forums that people have been paying different prices in diffferent geographical areas, and I'm curious what people have generally been paying for "off-the-lot" Chargers in Maryland (I live in the Laurel/Elkridge area).

Did you end up paying sticker price? Did you have to pay the "first-on-the-block surcharge" (i.e., over sticker) or did you end up getting the car under sticker? I have no problem paying the going rate -- I'm just trying to figure out what that is.

Would I be more likely to get a deal if I ordered a car?
I realize that nothing is certain -- I'd just like to know what the trend is.

Thanks much in advance!
Hey I'm from Elkridge too. (keep an eye out for a brown chesapeake bay retriever we lost!)

Schaefer and Strominger in Towson has several listed for $29,995, $30,945, and $33,290. I am certain you can talk any one of these prices down $1000 or more if you are firm with them. Just go in telling them you have your heart set on a Mustang or something, but you wanted to see a Charger in person first. They'll bend over backwards for you.

Here is the address and number:
Schaefer & Strohminger Dodge-Mazda of Towson
1765 East Joppa Road - Baltimore, MD - 21234
410-661-7600

·
Registered
83 Posts
I live in Baltimore....

Check out http://www.musselmansdodge.com/

Their website prices are below Invoice for the most part on the Chargers. And they also happen to be the only dealership that emailed me back per my preference with an actual dollar figure. All the other dealerships wanted to get me on the phone. (What was the purpose of me submitting for a car quote online if I actually wanted to talk to them!?!?!?!?!)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Woah, thats pretty weird...posting a starting price beneath invoice on a 2006 car...thats like employee pricing. Are you sure thats right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The website price was actually a few hundred less then the price i was quoted through email from Musselmans.... It was a great price, but not what I wanted. Lacked the sunroof and protection group. The car is still listed on their site 2 weeks later...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Still a substantially better price than what I paid...maybe i paid one of those first on the block surcharges :neutral:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did you go through any buying service or use carpoint/msn, cars.com, edmunds.com to submit online for a price quote? most dealers that respond to that realize they are only going to make their money off of quantity sold, not all of inflated sticker prices.

·
Registered
56 Posts
mtm1974 said:
Did you go through any buying service or use carpoint/msn, cars.com, edmunds.com to submit online for a price quote? most dealers that respond to that realize they are only going to make their money off of quantity sold, not all of inflated sticker prices.
Well at the time, no one had the car I wanted in. I found 5 blue SE's on the entire eastern seaboard doing inventory searches, so when one popped up in MD and I got him under sticker...I took it. I did use edmunds to submit online requests for quotes, but didnt really get any solid responses back other than "if you would like to come in and discuss ordering possibilities please give us a call", but I actually needed to purchase a car for work on a deadline. No regrets...maybe wish I had enough money for an RT or SRT, but I love my SE :happy:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Try heading over the Browns Dulles Dodge in Chantilly off Rt50. I bought my Midnight Blue R/T over there at sticker. I traveled to most of the Dealers in the DC/VA area and found the "Market Correction" upgrade price on nearly every Charger. Dodge has a 500.00 trade-in incentive on the Charger but thats it. If you can get below invoice your doing well. Browns DOES NOT charge the market correction. My sticker was 33,260, I did no trade in. This car had everthing but the NAV and the rear seat video screen. So I upgraded the stereo to the NAV system, giving me a very well loaded R/T. In this case the NAV was 1,895 over sticker plus installation. I got them to drop the installation and the price to 1600 total. So add that to the 33260 and your at 34860, plus tax, tags etc...

Not a bad deal considering its a brand new 06 model. If you go over there ask for Tory and tell him Dave Henderson referred you.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my SXT at Waldorf Dodge, my 3rd Dodge from them.
I got what I think was a good deal. The salesmen were good, ask for Shawn Heflin.
They gave me $1000 for a POS that blew up in the parking lot, frequent buyer discount and a military discount.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All,

Thanks very much for all of the feedback so far. The Musselman prices seem to be really good (with an added bonus that the dealer is only 10 miles from my house). I'll probably check them out, or at least try to use their web site for leverage if I go with another dealer.

Any additional feedback is welcome!

Guy -- I think I saw the flyer for your missing pooch on a post at the corner of Hanover and Patuxent Quarter road. I'll keep an eye out for him/her.

·
Registered
56 Posts
VRod said:
I bought my SXT at Waldorf Dodge, my 3rd Dodge from them.
I got what I think was a good deal. The salesmen were good, ask for Shawn Heflin.
They gave me $1000 for a POS that blew up in the parking lot, frequent buyer discount and a military discount.

Yep, went to Waldorf too. Same feelings overall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts