Charger Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
I'd be curious to see what that looks like. I've seen some good PPF jobs, and also some horrible ones. I saw a Porsche that looked absolutely terrible.
Here's a few from this afternoon that I took. The film on the A Pillars and the front of the roof are visible but not unsightly. Some shops cut by hand whereas my film was laser cut.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Blue

Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Paint correction and ceramic would be the cheapest way out
Would be 5k plus just to clear wrap the car.
Check with the local car guys for the best detailer and ceramic guy.
Souls run anywhere between 1k to 2k depending on how much paint correction you need.
If you live in Zoo Jersey I got a guy 馃ぃ
I live in NY. Who's your "guy"? lol

Registered
I have a 2019 Plum Crazy Purple Scat and I had the Excel PPF put on it when I first got the car. I knew I had to bite the bullet and do it. For the entire front clip, mirrors and top of bumper strip (to reduce scratches when using trunk) cost around $2,700. It was steep. But I had the best couple do it. It took them 2 days and it's perfect!

The husband and I recently took a trip down to AL from MI and we took the highway almost the entire way and not 1 stone chip. My husband did 100 mph for a lot of the trip. We were also in AL when Hurricane Ida hit and I was very worried about debris flying around and hitting my car plus there were huge dragonflies down there everywhere. The entire front end was covered with bugs. I swear I wanted to cry when we stopped overnight at the motel on the way down.

When we got back and I was able to give her a proper hand bath everything came off - the bug residue took some extra scrubbing with hot water and super concentrated car shampoo but everything came off. There were a few "dents" (or what we thought were dents) in the PPF but I put hot water on a rag and put it against the dented areas and the PPF film self corrected. Everything looks perfect now. It's amazing.

From my experience I would definitely recommend the PPF IF you can afford it. I know it's pricey. I hated all of the front end chips on my last 2014 Charger and said I would get the PPF on my next sports car. I had no idea it would be that expensive. And I was worried about having it look good. But I've very glad I did it. My car is 2 years old now and looks show room new.

I've attached a photo of what it looked like the day I got the PPF put on it. It still looks the same today.

Attachments

Registered
The Plum Crazy is my favorite purple. I wanted the color soo bad, but they didn't have one when I bought my 2014 Charger.

Registered
Hi everyone! In a few days I am going to be purchasing a 2020 Black Scat Pack Widebody Preowned with 4500 miles on it. It already has some imperfections in the paint from the previous owner (nothing significant) but I can tell (especially because it's black paint) that the front bumper/lip/hood and front/back flares are going to get wrecked by rock chips and other road debris. I want to try my best to preserve the factory paint, and whatever I need to do, I want to do it ASAP.

I know some people talk about ceramic coat, and some people talk about the clear plastic wrap to protect the paint. I called one place and they said to cover just the front bumper, hood, and all 4 fender flares it would be $2500, which I find to be pretty steep. I might consider $2000 it if it was for the entire car. I hear the ceramic coat doesn't protect the car as good with rock chips and that it wouldn't be a good idea if the car isn't brand new because it will make the imperfections in the paint stand out more.

What are your thoughts? What has worked for you? I don't want my car getting scratched/chipped up!

Thanks for your advice in advance, and looking forward to being part of the community.

View attachment 300894
I paid 900$ for paint protection film. Who the hell is trying to charge 2k wtf over? That鈥檚 the dumbest shit I ever heard. Remember it鈥檚 a dodge not a Ferrari. It鈥檒l never have perfect paint, get it detailed and put film on it. I haven鈥檛 even done my Redeye or hellcat Durango yet.

Registered
Omg I can鈥檛 believe the prices I鈥檓 hearing. Call Down East in Fayetteville, NC if your close and need it done. Tell him the guy with the white hellcat and blue stripes sent you he remembers my old car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I paid 900$ for paint protection film. Who the hell is trying to charge 2k wtf over? That鈥檚 the dumbest shit I ever heard. Remember it鈥檚 a dodge not a Ferrari. It鈥檒l never have perfect paint, get it detailed and put film on it. I haven鈥檛 even done my Redeye or hellcat Durango yet.
$900 for the film on what parts of the car? I completely agree, 2k+ is absurd!

Registered
$900 for the film on what parts of the car? I completely agree, 2k+ is absurd!
The following parts were covered: gimme a day or so I鈥檒l post a pic of the receipt.
Front bumper: full coverage
Hood: up to line even with vents, approx 6鈥
Side ground effects under the door
All 4 door handle cups
Headlights
Both mirrors
Top of rear bumper shelf

Registered
Just my 6 cents and I'm probably pretty late: I had all four of the vehicles ceramic coated: 1996 Impala SS, 2015 Terrain, 2017 GMC 2500 & my 2019 Scat. If you get a good quality guy that uses a good quality product ceramic is ok for minor stuff you would encounter on the road. Some negatives of course: wears off if you go through car wash, wears if you wash with crappy dirty mitt etc. When I got my Scat I had the front half of the car wrapped. Damn near less than the ceramic and a lifetime warranty. I will be getting the Terrain and truck wrapped in the front at a bare minimum. The wrap is the only way to go at this point in my humble opinion. I justify the cost by the fact that getting a repaint is nuts these days and the quality of that is questionable allot of times. I
Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Photograph

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

I had the installer reinstall my badges INCLUDING adding the Bee. Those were off of Amazon and were OEM I don't trust the cheap ones.
Here is the chaps website that I had do my Scat: FAQ | Rock Guard Film

Registered
I had xpel clear wrap installed on the front cap & mirrors and gyeon duraflex ceramic (5 year coating) on the paint; around $1,000. Easier to clean and looks cleaner longer on my daily driver. Just because it鈥檚 coated doesn鈥檛 mean you can run it through the car wash. Check out Esoteric Car Care on YouTube for care and maintenance of a coated car.

Registered
I've been looking at getting PPF for my 21 SPWB and have been quoted from $5K to 7K for a full wrap and partial front warp has been between $1500 & $2600. Seems very taxed to me for pricing, but what I've been quoted does appear to be on par with what others pricing. It looks to be very labor intensive, so I could understand why.
I got quote for $8k. I think normal was $7k but widebody takes more time. Full wrap XPEL.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts