Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. My car has been in the shop for over a month now to get some stuff done to my car. Lambos and suicides were part of the plan as far as visual mods. I dont like how the lambos turned out and i wish they would of told me they dont know how to install suicides before ****ing up the car. My question is, whats the best butterfly door kit for an 06 charger, and a good/easy to install suicide door kit for the back doors?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hey. My car has been in the shop for over a month now to get some stuff done to my car. Lambos and suicides were part of the plan as far as visual mods. I dont like how the lambos turned out and i wish they would of told me they dont know how to install suicides before ****ing up the car. My question is, whats the best butterfly door kit for an 06 charger, and a good/easy to install suicide door kit for the back doors?
Should have done what I did. Bought a car that came from the factory with suicide doors. I bought a '69 Four Door Thunderbird. :alfdance:

·
Registered
80 Posts
im interested in the suicide door question as well

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
chargerondavins has a pretty good lambo setup - talk to him on that. regarding the suicide doors, i cant see how there is any type of easy solution. you would need to remount hinges where they dont exist, door mechanism where it doesnt exist and probably a bunch of custom body work or it would look retarded.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
chargerondavins has a pretty good lambo setup - talk to him on that.
And he'll tell you himself he would never do it again... :confused:

Sorry about the problems with your doors, man. :(

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I just installed a Vertical Doors kit on a friends car and it was by far the easiest kit I've ever put on. simple design. Nice quality hinge too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i got a lambo kit, it was so easy i could of done it myself, just take the old ones off and put new on. its just i rather have butterfly doors, i like the look better. the lambo i got was from LSD and had the gas pump on it and one of them seems to be too weak to keep the door up, defective or something. i just wanted to know what is the best quality one out there i can rely on. as far as suicides i seen really nice ones, custom work isnt an issue because i have a mechanic friends thats been doing body work for like 30 years. this pic is what i want but i cant find the hinge anywhere.

http://www.killer-customz.com/veh_images/64-1_large.jpg

http://www.killer-customz.com/vehicle_profile.php?veh_id=64

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Everyone here likes the look of that Charger with the suicide doors. Either someone left a shoe under the rear door, or it was forgotten during the photoshop session.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 09 charger and I was wondering if there is any way to put butterfly doors in the front.and if it is possible I would like to be able to open the butterfly doors with my remote key. Is this possible?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Butterfly doors would look like sh!t on these cars. But good luck with your search. The suicides do look really good on chargers and even better ob 300C.

·
Registered
231 Posts
are butterfly doors and vertical doors the same thing? cause my friend has a 2010 charger with vertical doors and i think it looks pretty sick im considering it im not into suicide doors though i only want them for the front obviously but still i think vertical doors are cool

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
are butterfly doors and vertical doors the same thing? cause my friend has a 2010 charger with vertical doors and i think it looks pretty sick im considering it im not into suicide doors though i only want them for the front obviously but still i think vertical doors are cool
As far as I know there are 3 main types of rising doors: Vertical, Butterfly, Gullwing.

VERTICLE:

BUTTERFLY:

GULLWING:

The first two can be done reversed as well, which is weird but can be cool looking depending on the vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts