Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been noticing more and more in the last few months that when I go uphill there is a burning smell that comes into the cabin of the charger. I have an 08 se 2.7l, and I notice that in one spot in particular where I get on the freeway most of the time, I experience the burning smell. In this particular spot, I get on the freeway and immediately have to merge with traffic going uphill, so I hit the gas a little bit harder. When I do this I notice the smell, and when I get over the hill and layoff on the gas pedal the smell sticks around for maybe a minute or so and then goes away. I know that this could be several different things, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or might know what it is. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,514 Posts
So I have been noticing more and more in the last few months that when I go uphill there is a burning smell that comes into the cabin of the charger. I have an 08 se 2.7l, and I notice that in one spot in particular where I get on the freeway most of the time, I experience the burning smell. In this particular spot, I get on the freeway and immediately have to merge with traffic going uphill, so I hit the gas a little bit harder. When I do this I notice the smell, and when I get over the hill and layoff on the gas pedal the smell sticks around for maybe a minute or so and then goes away. I know that this could be several different things, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or might know what it is. Thanks in advance for any input.
You didn't say if it is a burning ELECTRICAL smell or burning FLUID smell!

Since you mention it happens when you are going uphill, I assume it has to do with the transmission. You definitely want to pull the dipstick for your transmission fluid.

Check the color and check the smell!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't say if it is a burning ELECTRICAL smell or burning FLUID smell!

Since you mention it happens when you are going uphill, I assume it has to do with the transmission. You definitely want to pull the dipstick for your transmission fluid.

Check the color and check the smell!
Thanks for the reply!

I believe that it's a fluid smell, at least that's what it smells like to me. I was thinking it was the tranny fluid as well. I'm on vacation right now but I'll check it when I get back on Friday and post what I find.
Thanks again!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

I believe that it's a fluid smell, at least that's what it smells like to me. I was thinking it was the tranny fluid as well. I'm on vacation right now but I'll check it when I get back on Friday and post what I find.
Thanks again!:bigthumb:
I would also check for valve cover(s) leaking

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts