Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i drop off my 3.5L at the dealership for it's 25,000 KM (15,500 miles or so) service, head off to work dreading driving a co workers mazda 3, pick up my car and it all goes to hell.

well not then and there but close enough, i had my music loud so i didn't hear anything at first when i drove at WOT but later in the day it just started making a ton of noise, as if i brylcreamed (if that's how it's spelt) it or something, checked for codes and got 2096.

was just wondering if it could be the JBA headers or something?

all i know is i'm gonna give the dealership a whole lotta hell for this, shame i know they won't give much of a crap, meh

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i thought so cause all the noise is coming from the right side of the engine somewhere.

will say this, it does sound great when you start it up :biggrin: heh

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 3.5L Engine in any Chrysler product has issues with the Rocker Arm Studs coming loose. We have Six cars with the 3.5 and 3 have had this same problem. LOT'S of noise!! Unfortunately, as I've posted before, it's a complete upper end tear-down to fix. And if this is the problem... make sure they do all studs on both sides of the engine! Matter of when, not if. Better to happen under warranty because it's a cool $1500!!(Just one of the many issues I've had)

Macker
SLC, Utah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts