Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to start a project soon, build a stroked 5.7 hemi, and I'm looking for help and suggestions. The last time I rebuilt a motor was when I was in high school and it was a 1995 lt1.
My plan is to start with the same block that is in my 2011 charger r/t. But I want to stroke it to a 392 and put some different heads on it to take advantage of the bigger displacement. Also I want to put a bigger cam in it too. Does anyone have any suggestions for a stroker kit, heads, and type of cam? I really appreciate any help and suggestions.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I know the hands-on thing is part of the experience you may be looking forward to but perhaps you could look at crate 392s' vs the expense?
I was looking into dropping in one on my 2013 if I get the lifter failure and its an easy drop in. I'm not sure if the 2011 is in that category.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. You're right about the expense thing. It would be cheaper. I'd like to find a shop that will sell me a 392 with bottom end basically. That way I can do the heads, cam, and intake myself atleast.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
A complete factory 392 would be a sweet drop in, only thing you'd have to worry about is wiring up an rpm switch if you wanted to use the active intake, otherwise you could keep your stock eagle and just swap injectors (some Mopar aftermarket crate engines have this). The apache heads are so much more capable than the eagles, plus the OEM 392 is pretty much designed from the ground up as an optimized NA performance engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sure you want to stop at 392? There are forged shortblocks for 392, 426, and 448. I tried posting a link to a site that sells them, but forum wont let me add link on first post. Anyway, it was in ShopHEMI dot com. Probably could be found for less $$, especially if forged internals not required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts