Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an 2012 RT AWD Max on April 15th and had a Vin from the dealer in a week. I know VOTS isn't the greatest but seeing the message production scheduled vs. having an estimated production date sucks. The dealer did say expect 8-12 weeks. Are the production times for the AWD substantially longer? I see on average about 5-6 weeks from others builds to shipping and I've seen another forum member with an AWD at around 8 weeks. I'm just trying to get a general consensus of the build times so I can plan a trip to DC for training at work in July and would rather take the new car down for the road trip vs. my trade in and adding additional mileage that may effect my trade in value. Thank you a head of time for everyone input.
-Paul
Long Island, New York

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered an 2012 RT AWD Max on April 15th and had a Vin from the dealer in a week. I know VOTS isn't the greatest but seeing the message production scheduled vs. having an estimated production date sucks. The dealer did say expect 8-12 weeks. Are the production times for the AWD substantially longer? I see on average about 5-6 weeks from others builds to shipping and I've seen another forum member with an AWD at around 8 weeks. I'm just trying to get a general consensus of the build times so I can plan a trip to DC for training at work in July and would rather take the new car down for the road trip vs. my trade in and adding additional mileage that may effect my trade in value. Thank you a head of time for everyone input.
-Paul
Long Island, New York

Paul, from what I know the AWD takes a bit longer to make. But congrats/best of luck to u

What part of LI u in? I'm in Baldwin, and part of NYLX. 2 huge carshows coming up in June, btw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, from what I know the AWD takes a bit longer to make. But congrats/best of luck to u

What part of LI u in? I'm in Baldwin, and part of NYLX. 2 huge carshows coming up in June, btw
Just around the corner, I'm in North Bellmore. The waiting sucks! I was ok with it for the last month but now my patience is slowly fading as the nicer weather is among us. If it wasn’t for the snow we get from time to time I would have chosen the same car without the AWD that the dealer already had in stock.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
It only takes 24 hours for Dodge to build a car......the tricky part is getting it shipped.

My car was ordered in March..... I took delivery July 1st....car was buildt in early june and sat for a couple weeks then shipped

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, VOTS does suck. I ordered my R/T on April 10th. Scatter-brained salesdude said 6-8 weeks, but then says probably 4-5 weeks. I new what to expect and took him at his word. So I never called to bother the dealership with the "is it here yet?"" calls. What did start to piss me off is when he started calling at about 3 weeks and telling me the car is almost here. But... he keeps pushing it back , and pushing it back. Says it'll be here no later then Tues,... ummm make that Wednesday... Umm, then he says he called Chrysler and talked to blah blah blah, and he said she said no later then a week from Thursday.

Picked up the car on May 19th. So it was 5 1/2 weeks. Geographically, the plant in Brampton, ON is about a 1 and a half hour drive from where I live. It took a strange train journey and then finally on a car carrier.

Hope this helps in your time line.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I place my order 4/17 and if was schedule to built 4 weeks later. Then two weeks later it sat and now it's schedule to get ship tomorrow. How long it's gonna take from there I have no idea. Hopefully two weeks at most. Another member who lives more east of me got his car in a little over two weeks from ship date. I'm hoping for much of the same so I can do the 500 mile break and get oil change and go GA in less then a month.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Picked up the car on May 19th. So it was 5 1/2 weeks. Geographically, the plant in Brampton, ON is about a 1 and a half hour drive from where I live. It took a strange train journey and then finally on a car carrier.

Hope this helps in your time line.
I place my order 4/17 and if was schedule to built 4 weeks later. Then two weeks later it sat and now it's schedule to get ship tomorrow. How long it's gonna take from there I have no idea. Hopefully two weeks at most. Another member who lives more east of me got his car in a little over two weeks from ship date. I'm hoping for much of the same so I can do the 500 mile break and get oil change and go GA in less then a month.
In both cases, it's about the standard 6-8 weeks it has always taken to get a new car delivered on an order.

Why is anyone surprised? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
In both cases, it's about the standard 6-8 weeks it has always taken to get a new car delivered on an order.

Why is anyone surprised? :dunno:

Well one I never order a car before so it's new to me. Second I have heard plenty of stories taking 3 plus months. And we're hoping it's not us. Lol that's why

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well one I never order a car before so it's new to me. Second I have heard plenty of stories taking 3 plus months. And we're hoping it's not us. Lol that's why
This was my point. I haven't owned a Dodge new nor have I owned a Dodge since the mid 90s. I'm not the type to pester the dealer as he seemed bothered when I called a week after ordering for the VIN so I could check VOTS myself. After reading through others posts and figuring an average of 5-6 weeks for the build to shipping. These aren't AWD, as the AWD build time looks to be substantially longer. I'm trying to figure out if that's the case or just an abnomally. I was also trying to rationalize if it is substantially longer for AWD models vs all other models; and why this was the case?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have you tried going to the dodge website and see if there are any AWD models for sale within a 100-200 mile radius? A lot of dealers will do trades with each other for specific cars. I know you ordered something specific but if your getting impatient it might be worth looking into?

For a 100 mile radius for me there are 7 available on the lots. One SXT and the other 6 are various models of R/T.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm more confused now. I got an email from Dodge saying that the car is scheduled for production and that this is the second of three emails. However when I go to vots it's the same production scheduled message I've seen for the last 4-5 weeks. Does this mean the system generated messages are time based or is it intelligent enough to determine actual schedule times?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts