Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a graveyard of bugs on my front clip, I have tried several products, but I have been mostly ineffective in removing the graves. Has anyone come across a good product for bug removal?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wet Fabric Softener paper (the one you use on the dryer for your clothes) and it will get rid of them. Been using it for years, everytime I came home and saw those bugs on my car and do not have time to wash my car I used it to get rid of them until i wash the car. I used it also before i gave my car a good bath to get rid of those bug in the front bumper and they came off so easy.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
microfiber with soap...rinse and repeat... a good wax job will make this almost effortless

·
Registered
152 Posts
rain x makes a windshield washer with bug x in it. it is in a gallon jug and it is green. put some in a spray bottle and spray it on and wipe with a towel. bugs are gone! used this trick when we went to greatlakes ill. to see my son graduate basic training for the navy. 18 hours out there nonstop. every time we stopped to eat/gas up i would spray the front and the bugs would wipe rite off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the issue may be that the bugs have baked into the paint... Not to mention many of them have creamed my paint at a very high velocity.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
First off, the dryer sheet will scratch your paint to hell and back so I would never try that. Secondly, if you kept a coat of Americana Wax or equivalent on your car (at least the nose), the bugs would come off with a spray from a high pressure water hose (mine does easily, and I travel through some serious Kentucky and Indiana back roads at night). The initial job of removing what you have now would probably take a serious claying, followed by polishing with a orbital polisher. Worst case scenario would be to hit the real stubborn spots with some 3000 grit wet sanding, which could also be easily buffed out using Adam's SHR and a orange pad. You would definitely need a polisher though. You must use a sanding backing pad if you decide to do any wet sanding though.

See my videos on how to wet sand safely and effectively.

·
Registered
298 Posts
this happened to my brothers car, bug and tar remover got some of it off, then we did the wet dryer sheets, and that got some off then we clay bard it and that got some off. in the end there were marks in his pain, the bugs had just been there to long and had messed up the paint. on my car i clean the front end every weekend to prevent that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts