Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience with an exhaust option on a budget for a RT.

When I first got the car I did what a lot of us do and removed the mid mufflers. I’ll admit at first I loved it. However as time progressed I noticed at WOT or harder acceleration it just didn’t sound that great. The best I can explain is it was not a clean or very deep exhaust note.

So I started doing more research but I’m on a budget. So I saw these 17656MGF Rumble Mufflers for 37 each. I did a bit of research and they’re made by magna-flow. They’re in stock at the local autozones so I went to check them out. My first impression was they are built with great quality. They really resemble a Flow Master, and from the diagram on the box so did the guts. So at 34 a piece after my military discount I said, let’s do it.

I had a small local muffler shop put them where the mid mufflers use to be. I also had them remove the rear resonators and replace them with straight pipe.

Let me tell you I love the sounds. It sounds a lot like a flowmaster which I personally love. If you don’t like chambered mufflers then this isn’t for you. I’ve had them on the car for about 3 months now and they broke in very nicely. They sound deeper and cleaner at idle, cruise, and WOT. I have no complaints and I am very happy. All in all I’m into it about 170 installed. Not bad at all. Just thought I’d put this out there for anyone on a budget. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
First of all thank you for your service!

I'm surprised you dumped the rear resonators and weren't overcome with drone! Did you delete MDS? I assume you have a 2015 or 2016 since the active exhaust came standard in 2017.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all thank you for your service!

I'm surprised you dumped the rear resonators and weren't overcome with drone! Did you delete MDS? I assume you have a 2015 or 2016 since the active exhaust came standard in 2017.
I have almost no drone, these mufflers aren’t too loud. It was louder with the mid delete. I have a 2018 and I retained my active exhaust with no issues

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have almost no drone, these mufflers aren’t too loud. It was louder with the mid delete. I have a 2018 and I retained my active exhaust with no issues
I've ridden in cars that have resonator delete and 4 cyl mode is bad drone... maybe you ride around in Sport mode all the time or deactivated MDS? Honestly the stock active exhaust on my 2019 is great, can't imagine hacking off the mid mufflers but my 2006 was stock and very quiet (although it was an R&T so little more rumble than base R/T).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've ridden in cars that have resonator delete and 4 cyl mode is bad drone... maybe you ride around in Sport mode all the time or deactivated MDS? Honestly the stock active exhaust on my 2019 is great, can't imagine hacking off the mid mufflers but my 2006 was stock and very quiet (although it was an R&T so little more rumble than base R/T).
I have little to no drone in sport or regular but again these are quiet mufflers so I think that helps a lot. I can see what you mean. Everyone has their personal preferences and opinions. This makes me smile and I’ve gotten a lot of compliments so I’m a happy camper lol. I’ll post a video soon. It’s not like super 44s or anything but it has a nice deep rumble throughout the rpm range unlike the stock exhaust that gets quieter. Again this isn’t for everyone I just simply wanted to share something that worked for me on my budget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts