Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 RT still under manufacturer extended warranty (22k miles) and while washing the car today I noticed this spot on my hood, it's rather small right now, about the size of a dime, but the paint is bubbled and hard like there's rust under it. I've taken a few pictures of it and put them here:

http://www.mechanicmatt.com/ShowImage.php?i=inunder,edge,top

The first picture is the spot on the underside of the edge of the hood, the second picture is the front edge of the hood, and the 3rd is the top of the hood. It's right in the front of the hood, on the crease that runs down the passenger 1/3rd of the hood. I've called my local dealer (however not the one I bought it from) and left messages however they have yet to return them..

Is this something that is covered under warranty? The car has not been wrecked or exposed to any trauma whatsoever. The white line in the first photo is the paint where it's actually cracked, I assume that's where it let moisture in to start rust.

What should I do? :( My charger has herpes

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have an 06 RT still under manufacturer extended warranty (22k miles) and while washing the car today I noticed this spot on my hood, it's rather small right now, about the size of a dime, but the paint is bubbled and hard like there's rust under it. I've taken a few pictures of it and put them here:

http://www.mechanicmatt.com/ShowImage.php?i=inunder,edge,top

The first picture is the spot on the underside of the edge of the hood, the second picture is the front edge of the hood, and the 3rd is the top of the hood. It's right in the front of the hood, on the crease that runs down the passenger 1/3rd of the hood. I've called my local dealer (however not the one I bought it from) and left messages however they have yet to return them..

Is this something that is covered under warranty? The car has not been wrecked or exposed to any trauma whatsoever. The white line in the first photo is the paint where it's actually cracked, I assume that's where it let moisture in to start rust.

Something definately doesn't look right...are the non-SRT hoods steel or aluminum?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Take it back to the dealership and show them, pictures didn't come up for me so I don't know what it looks like, but since your still under the 36k mile warranty they should be able to fix it.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Now, THAT SH** IS FAHKING FUNNY!

Hey, you stay away from MY Charger...and no one gets hurt! :knockout:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hmm, looks nasty, I'd still show it to the dealership, I would think they would fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I have a similar problem. I had a small paint bubble in the front of my car. They are going to repaint the bumper to fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My R/T has paint coming off the hood and the rocker paint is so thin that they look like they were partially sand blasted in front of the rear tires, (my boyfriend has been in auto body & paint for 25 yrs & says the paint on the whole car is crap, not enough coats for uv protection). I took it to the dealership & they took photos...sent them to DC, & they will only pay $423 for repainting the hood, no blending the fenders or painting the rockers.

This sucks, I love the car but Dodge needs to step up the paint and they probably won't. Makes me hesitant to buy another one.

Please post your dealer experience for paint issues when you find out what they will do

·
Registered
4 Posts
My R/T has paint coming off the hood and the rocker paint is so thin that they look like they were partially sand blasted in front of the rear tires, (my boyfriend has been in auto body & paint for 25 yrs & says the paint on the whole car is crap, not enough coats for uv protection). I took it to the dealership & they took photos...sent them to DC, & they will only pay $423 for repainting the hood, no blending the fenders or painting the rockers.

This sucks, I love the car but Dodge needs to step up the paint and they probably won't. Makes me hesitant to buy another one.

Please post your dealer experience for paint issues when you find out what they will do

I gotta agree with our boyfriend. My wife's nails get more coats of paint than DMX put on this car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts