Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Some folks are having some issues with the various caps we have staying on after a certain amount of time. One of the biggest is the 5.7 oil cap. I too have had this issue on our Charger.

We recommend that you check your caps and if you have anything loose a bit of clear silicone will secure everything down. I have used this myself.

Also, due to some of the issues we are having with blues and reds mismatches as of late we are working with a few other of our outside sources to see if we can get a better handle on this. As was posted in previous threads this is something we are not able to control and different factors can come into play especially conditions related to temperature at our source.

If you have any questions please give us a call at our toll free number 1-866-747-1684

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
If I may be so bold as to offer an alternate solution...

I lost the original set screw for my oil cap, so I went to a local hardware store and got the same size thread set screw, but a bit longer. I then drilled a hole in the plastic oil cap slightly smaller than the diameter of the set screw, then put in the new longer set screw, which now holds the BT cap securely in place.

:D

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Thanks for the update

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
To throw out my modded mod suggestion... I was nervous about the 5.7L oil cap too. I had acquired a bunch of the 3M double-sided tape for other purposes, so I cut some to fit between the BT cap and the original. I pressed down good then tightened the set screw. I've had no trouble since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts