Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the Brylcreem exhaust mod on a 3.5 single factory pipe? This is when u remove the suitcase muffler under the car, replace it with a straight pipe and leave the resonators behind the tips. The V8 crowd seem to love this and claim no drone, I wonder if this would hold true for the v6. My local muffler shop quoted me 60 bucks to do this, best bang for the buck if it works.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
try it, it may work and you may love it, and if not, I would recomend picking up a used rt exhaust. they are always popping up on the forums and a lot of the time they are FREE. I hear so far this is the best bang for your buck(unless the brylcream is a success.):rockon:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i did it this morning at meineike for $80 bucks. My first impression was blah because at idle its dead silent but rev it up to around 2000-2500 and it gives off a nice rumble but flooring it kinda gives off a semi ricey wound but no where near as bad as some hondas ive heard. The drone is almost non existent at cruising or highway speeds and the lil drone i heard on the freeway was weasily drowned out by the radio. Overall im very satisfied for the money and dont plan on spending anymore money on my exhaust especially for a v6 since performance gains are soo minimal and not worth the extra cost. Next mod is for sure gonna be a Supercharger but not until they figure out how to piggyback or flash prog the damn thing, the current setup they have now at moparsupercenter.com while tempting (only 3,000 for 65Hp) uses an extra injector and ive heard from other forum members that this is a very dangerous and faulty system that causes unused gas to accumilate because of the extra injector used and can seriously damage the engine over time. I think ill pass on that one....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts