Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post here, please forgive me if this is not the right section or if this is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find much searching here or Google.

Anyways, I was helping my brother do an oil change on his '19 Scat Pack, and when I was under the hood, I saw some sort of wiring/electrical connector out of place. On the RH/passenger side of the engine bay, there is a large connector that was just sitting between the cowling and strut tower.

Upon closer inspection, the little white retainer clip that holds it to the underside of the cowling is broken. Hopefully this image comes through ok:

There should be 2 vertical tabs that clip into a slot under the cowl. The rear tab snapped off. We had some 3M "dual lock" tape (which is like plastic Velcro tape). It survived a test drive, but I've used that tape before in the house, and I kind of doubt it'll be a permanent fix, especially once we get back to summer heat.

I've scoured some online Mopar parts sites, but I've never owned a Dodge and I'm striking out on finding this part. Maybe I just can't find it because I don't know what the connector is or that clip would be called in a parts catalog. The only numbers we could find lead me to believe this is a connector made by Delphi, but that's all...

Or my other guess is that this is not something sold by itself, and is instead part of the harness or connector, but if there are any parts gurus on here that could confirm, I'd appreciate it. If that's the case, I'll probably look for some sort of heat resistant tape, but I'm definitely open to other suggestions.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to close the loop on this, I could not find the clip available anywhere. It seems to be part of the engine harness assembly, which is a bit ridiculous, but it is what it is.

The 3M Dual Lock tape lasted a few days, but as suspected, didn't hold. In the end I realized that the metal bar/brace there does not extend all the way to the firewall. So I just slipped a long Zip-Tie under the plastic cowling, around the metal bar, and then around the connector.

· Registered
2021 Hellion 422 Twin Turbo
1,550 Posts
This is the connector/plug for the engine ecm right under the cowl. You can just use a couple of zip ties to hold the connector to cowl frame. Broke on mine also and just zip tied it up and out of sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts