Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m pretty pissed off. In order to get the info off my pcm from my ‘18 R/T in order to request the swap with Diablo the plastic locking things on the connector plug snapped right off when I went to pull it off to get the info off the stickers.

Funny thing, it isn’t a red one like I see all over the internet. I suppose the excessive heat with it being a Florida car caused it to be brittle and it must of been replaced already once before.

Is this the right replacement and how do I replace it? The lever thing broke in the locked or mostly locked position. I swear the older I get the worse I am with my hands.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/1924779-1/?qs=38Qq1exbXqd5qGgdJMBQyg==

·
Registered
240 Posts
WOW!. Someone with the same problem I have.... The previous owner or a dealer broke mine I guess. I bought a PCM & tuner & been sitting on it for almost 2 years because when I tried to pull it out, same thing, got one & the other is broken. Can't get it off & if I could not sure I could get it back on.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW!. Someone with the same problem I have.... The previous owner or a dealer broke mine I guess. I bought a PCM & tuner & been sitting on it for almost 2 years because when I tried to pull it out, same thing, got one & the other is broken. Can't get it off & if I could not sure I could get it back on.
Well I ordered 3 of these and will get them by Friday. I guess I’ll have to figure this out since it sounds like no ones attempted a fix?

I went ahead and ordered my pcm swap with Diablo so cross fingers!

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they got here already and look just like the red factory units. Once I get the car back from the off-road shop installing my rock and backup lights I’ll give these a try. If these are indeed the replacements I’m probably going to buy a dozen more.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know how do you replace them? The bottom connector is my broken one.
Will do brother. I think I figured it out. I hope to get my car back tomorrow so I can put that and my leather Hellcat door panels on this weekend while it’s sunny.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great. I just ordered 1. If you can please PM or post how you replaced it, when you can.
Thanks
A flat head screw driver pops it off here:

When you put the new one on you’ll need to use something thin and long to push each of the sliding locking clips here and don’t forget you’ll need to look at the other end to ensure they slightly stick out the other. I used along skinny flathead screwdriver:

When putting on the new one make sure the lever is as far back as you can go then use the rear tabs to slide in the other side of the connector here. Don’t forget to double check to make sure no wires get caught outside of the connector and get cut.

Hope that helps!!

Reactions: POWERMAN
1 - 10 of 10 Posts