Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad title-not black spots but white spots in the clearcoat of my Brilliant Black '06. Just had it detailed so he tried to get them out but they are definitely in the clearcoat. Look like little (3/16") white/grey dots. Most-if not all-are on the hood. Before I go to my "wonderful" dealer wanted to know if I the only one blessed with this gift?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Need to see pics. They could be hard water spots... they can sometimes etch themselves into the clear coat and be a pain to get out.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I had a similar poblem with mine they were not white but just looked like pin head bubbles in the clear coat. Almost like if there were a few grains of sand under the paint. Dealer painted it no questions aseked. However, they sent it to a shop that I ended up taking it back to 3 times untill they got it right. I have the same thing forming on my rear bumper cover now. I am going to let it cool down for about a month B4 I bring it up.

Hope it gets fixed the first time. Good luck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Black cars get so hot in the sun that water can be your worst enemy. Love black Chargers though, Black rt or srt was my second choice if I didn't get the subby.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Have you tried to claybar them out? I would try that before I put my car in the shop and forked out the money to have it repainted. What about having it wet-sanded? I'm just throwing out suggestions b/c I HATE having cars re-painted...I always find the minor imperfections and it irritates me to no end; I try to avoid it as much as I can.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I detailed my black 06 last week and noticed them on my trunk lid.
In the process of detailing her I washed, clyed, Klasse'd and waxed. I never noticed them till the other day. Its not worth the hassle of paint for me

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes i did clay and no luck thats why it went in to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Bad title-not black spots but white spots in the clearcoat of my Brilliant Black '06. Just had it detailed so he tried to get them out but they are definitely in the clearcoat. Look like little (3/16") white/grey dots. Most-if not all-are on the hood. Before I go to my "wonderful" dealer wanted to know if I the only one blessed with this gift?
What ever happened with you spots? Did you figure out how to get them out or did you carry to the dealer?

·
Registered
662 Posts
The white spots on my black hood are ROCK CHIPS! :fuming: :mad: :(

...but it's not like I can just stop driving on the freeway.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
It's most likely rail dust. I've seen it on several new vehicles. If you buy it from a small town dealer normally their detail department doesnt spend much time buffing these things out. I've zainoed and claybared mine to no end. The only thing that works is knowing a good detail guy with a good buffer and buying a lot of beer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
***laughs with his cool vanilla***

just joking. Black paint jobs are a bytch to keep up. They just look so nice especially at night so I guess it balances out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Need to see pics. They could be hard water spots... they can sometimes etch themselves into the clear coat and be a pain to get out.
How do you get those out? I have that problem with my baby. I've tried using a buffer wheel, but to no avail. Does anyone know...I don't mean to hijack the thread. Just looking for a quick answer for this weekends project.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts