Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 Brilliant Black Charger and am going to be putting the black honeycomb grille inserts in, was wondering if I should stick with the painted crosshairs I have or go with the flat black daytona crosshairs? What looks better on the black charger? Anyone have good front end pics of the 2? The Black SRT's have painted black crosshairs right? Some pics and your opinions would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
with having the black already i would stick with a gloss finish, i think the crosshairs being the only flat black on the car would make it look un waxed or just neglected especialy if you take good care of your car and keep it shined up.

·
Registered
846 Posts
This is my BB with Flat Black Crosshair, and Daytona Spoiler, both working together to make the contrast of the shiny and flat black work... It worked great for me, although the painted one looks good too, jus know that the daytona grille is harder to clean, and keep clean...

·
Registered
159 Posts
i think you should get rid of the cross hairs and just get a black honey comb insert, looks raw and mean and just nasty

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I like Fahad R/T's vision. I think that his is going to look sweet with the subtle flat black on gloss black. With a flat black rear spoiler to mate with the flat black chin and a couple of well thought out flat black decals, it would be a looker. I've seen another on here somewhere and it looked better than I thought it would. I like it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Brilliant black I tell you, brilliant black !

I have been saving chargers pics for quite some time now,,

here is one to black X black

extra nice charger

Attachments

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have a black/flat black thing going. I have the daytona grill on my BBC but Im still looking for an OEM daytona flat spoiler to get rid of my BBC spoiler.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ha! There's the one I was thinkin' of. I couldn't remember who it was, PUREVIL, but glad you showed up. I think that look is sweet. Subtle and strong!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fahad,,,

ahnek 3ala chargarak al7lo

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Ha! There's the one I was thinkin' of. I couldn't remember who it was, PUREVIL, but glad you showed up. I think that look is sweet. Subtle and strong!
Thanks your car is sweet too, im surprised as much as you like Jack you didn't go with black car. :D

I ordered my wheels finally, ID 311s 22in staggered. with flat black center, chrome rivets, gloss black lips, and flat black inners. I cant wait, I hope they show up next week. This winter im hoping Billet Tech will make me some center caps to match my emblem. I have a poker them going on my ride since Im a poker addict. I need to take updated pics with my plates, emblem, and blacked out 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels! Those will look great! I can't wait for pics. Me, I'm done with black cars for a while. All except this one and one other were black. It's hard to beat when clean!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have a black/flat black thing going. I have the daytona grill on my BBC but Im still looking for an OEM daytona flat spoiler to get rid of my BBC spoiler.
I take my other comment back looking at your pics flat black does look better with a bbc. If you look at my vendor review of spoilerdepot, I bought a daytona flat black spoiler, cheap and just like oem, I installed it myself If you want pics pm me.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I take my other comment back looking at your pics flat black does look better with a bbc. If you look at my vendor review of spoilerdepot, I bought a daytona flat black spoiler, cheap and just like oem, I installed it myself If you want pics pm me.
My concerns with an aftermarket spoiler are will the mounting holes line up with the factory OEM holes? Also how much did you spend and do you have a link for them? Thanks.

·
Registered
727 Posts
My concerns with an aftermarket spoiler are will the mounting holes line up with the factory OEM holes? Also how much did you spend and do you have a link for them? Thanks.
the holes lined up perfect with the oem holes inside the trunk, I just measured 1/8 inch from rear to the feet of the spoiler(other daytonas measured their own spoilers and thats the measurement they got.) Then you just center it lengthwise on the trunk, drill holes, start with small bit and step it up, attatch hardware, that's it. U should have someone help you to hold it, especially when your attaching it. Total was $273 shipped. Arrived 2 days after I placed the order. Heres the link

Here's a pic

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
the holes lined up perfect with the oem holes inside the trunk, I just measured 1/8 inch from rear to the feet of the spoiler(other daytonas measured their own spoilers and thats the measurement they got.) Then you just center it lengthwise on the trunk, drill holes, start with small bit and step it up, attatch hardware, that's it. U should have someone help you to hold it, especially when your attaching it. Total was $273 shipped. Arrived 2 days after I placed the order. Heres the link

Here's a pic
Sweet I was just afraid I'd get an aftermarket one, and take my OEM off and the holes would be just a hair off and I'd be screwed hahaha. I have debated about just painting my OEM one flat black too but I was afraid I may not like the flat spoiler and thats why I wanted to buy another one. So if I liked it I could sell my OEM and keep the flat or if I didn't like the flat just turn around and sell it. Ya know?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
They both look good but IMO the flat looks better.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Fahad,,,

ahnek 3ala chargarak al7lo
Tislam ya5ooy, min thogik allah esalmik...

PUREEVIL's car is awsome, a good example and taste in the parts he chose..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts