Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been looking in the forums but really can’t find anything I have a 2019 Dodge Charger daytona and I recently bought some Brembo but I wanted to know if I have to switch the spindles or if mine comes with the srt spindles

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
You'll need SRT knuckles and they're crazy expensive.

You can do the BR9 Pursuit brake upgrade for a fraction of the cost and much less labor, and they actually have more swept area than the Brembos. But no sexy red calipers.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
If yours had come with the SRT/Scat spindles.........you would already HAVE Brembos.....

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
232 Posts
Didn't the 19 Daytonas come with the dynamics package? I'm not saying they did, I just thought they had it already.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
ALL 5.7s should have had the brembos from the getgo. These boats can move and with the br5 package they aren’t great. Lol

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
If it’s an RT Daytona ie the 5.7 it’s got 4 pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4-piston Brembos on a 5.7? I don't see that. The ones I checked all had the standard R/T BR5 dual piston front brakes.

On the Daytona 392 they all had 6-pistons standard through 2018. Starting in 2019 the 4-piston Brembos were standard and to get the 6-pistons you had to order Dynamics.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
4-piston Brembos on a 5.7? I don't see that. The ones I checked all had the standard R/T BR5 dual piston front brakes.

On the Daytona 392 they all had 6-pistons standard through 2018. Starting in 2019 the 4-piston Brembos were standard and to get the 6-pistons you had to order Dynamics.

The Daytona 5.7 has 4 piston brembos.

There is such a thing and I don’t know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I think 19s+ have em. I’ve seen other yrs without them.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
232 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
My 2020 R/T Daytona has the same brakes as the V6 cars.
There was not brake or rear axle upgraded available either.(although the Challenger R/T does have upgrades available)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I don't believe FCAs window stickers at all. My 19 said it had all seasons, it came with the summer tires. My widebody says it has fog lights on the window sticker.....not very good at proofreading.
The left side of the window sticker is all the standard equipment so that can change depending on whatever options are ordered. Both all seasons and foglights are standard equipment but depending on options, they might not be used. When you select Widebody the foglights go away, so there's the confusion but they have done it this way from day one. There's still people that believe their pre-15 Challenger with automatic transmission has factory 3.92 gears because it says so on the window sticker.

My 2020 R/T Daytona has the same brakes as the V6 cars.
There was not brake or rear axle upgraded available either.(although the Challenger R/T does have upgrades available)
V6 cars with 20-inch wheels have the same brakes as R/T. With 18-inch wheels, the SXT brakes are different and smaller up front.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Guys all R/Ts including Daytonas can be optioned with the 4 pot Brembos (and 20x9 wheels) it is part of the Performance Handling Group. Even the V6 GT can have that group as well so there are some V6 cars that come with 4 pot Brembos but this is a $2,000 factory option which also comes with the Scat Pack suspension springs/struts.

Daytonas come standard with the regular R/T brakes.... for a year or two I think Daytona 392s all had the 6 pot Brembos and 20x9.5 (Dynamics Package stand alone). Then FCA decided that Daytona 392 would come base with 4 pot and optional 6 pot.

To the OP yes you need to change your spindles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Guys all R/Ts including Daytonas can be optioned with the 4 pot Brembos (and 20x9 wheels) it is part of the Performance Handling Group. Even the V6 GT can have that group as well so there are some V6 cars that come with 4 pot Brembos but this is a $2,000 factory option which also comes with the Scat Pack suspension springs/struts.

Daytonas come standard with the regular R/T brakes.... for a year or two I think Daytona 392s all had the 6 pot Brembos and 20x9.5 (Dynamics Package stand alone). Then FCA decided that Daytona 392 would come base with 4 pot and optional 6 pot.

To the OP yes you need to change your spindles.
That is some shit right there. In Canada we don't get that option. We build the freaking cars, give us the goods!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
V6 cars with 20-inch wheels have the same brakes as R/T. With 18-inch wheels, the SXT brakes are different and smaller up front.

Yeah smaller rotors with single piston sliders front and rear... plus the rear IIRC is not vented but a solid rotor. My wife's Pilot has a solid rear rotor....

Reactions: Slidd
1 - 17 of 17 Posts