Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says. The clear coat on my front brake caliper is peeling right off and now it almost looks pink. I just had the rotors/pads replaced by the dealership about 3 months ago and I noticed a couple chips which wasn't really a big deal. But now this and I'm at 14,000 miles which puts me out of warranty. Do I stand a chance with the dealership and getting them to replace the fronts?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
if you use spray wheel cleaner on them it will bleach them-AND as far as clear on them THATS not correct. they are power coated. try and contact brembo and see what they say. also you can try to jack the car up and remove the wheels and claen them with soapy water and dry them-then use a soft rag and a mild cleaner wax to see if you can buff them back by hand. i'm not saying yours arent cleared/but i've never seen that before-being that they are power coated

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you use spray wheel cleaner on them it will bleach them-AND as far as clear on them THATS not correct. they are power coated. try and contact brembo and see what they say. also you can try to jack the car up and remove the wheels and claen them with soapy water and dry them-then use a soft rag and a mild cleaner wax to see if you can buff them back by hand. i'm not saying yours arent cleared/but i've never seen that before-being that they are power coated
I'll take some pics but there is a layer literally peeling off the top and the nice shiney glare is gone. About half of the caliper has peeled off. I've never used any sort of wheel cleaner except soap/water.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
mine are also coming off notice it about 2 or 3 weeks ago i never used any bleach or tire cleaners. just soap from what i used to wash the car. the maguires car/wash soap.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have not needed wheel cleaner since the centrics went on.
I've never used any wheel cleaner on any of my vehicles. The centrics are great though and it still the best mod I've done. I'm just disappointed in the fact my front caliper looks like crap now. I'll see if the dealership takes care of it which I doubt and then look into getting them powder coated again.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I forgot how to even wash my wheels since the Centrics went on!!!!!!!!!!

I would call Dodge and send them some pics. Be nice at first then get firm if you have to based on what they tell you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts