Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, gang... what's the best way to break her in? I have 1000 miles on mine - - - am I too late for breaking in? Hope I have not done any harm? Will I see the performance increase/improve over time?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i have been driving her like i stole it since 3 miles and nothing is wrong....changed oil at 500 miles just for giggles and now at 6000 miles changing again...no problems at all, every chance i get i am on the gas (and hard)!! honestly, i couldn't help myself.

but that is me, others may have a different view

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GoDaddy.... looks like you and I are on the smae page! I've been drivign her pretty hard on take-off, mellow on highways (because I'm afraid of tickets in my big red car).... I know, call me what you will... but I have not even been pulled over in 15 years (knock wood, everyone) and I don't want to start now.... but I still drive her hard every chance I get...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
tickets...mmmmmm...i hadn't been pulled over in about 12 years till i got this car...speed up to quick when i first got her and didn't realize i was doing 65 in a 45...honest to god didn't realize i had pushed up that quickly - i was new to the car....anyway didn't get a ticket really good guy - said nice car and all and keep the foot off the floor.... sorta related today at the gas station a sheriff deputy was checking out the car, so i asked him if he was getting the cop charger...he said no all depressed, apparently the troopers are looking at them in louisiana...anyway here i am at a gas station with a deputy walking around. he saw the borla exhaust and asked me rev it up - he wanted to hear what she sounded like....let me recap - wife and daughter in car...a sheriff deputy asking me to rev the car at the gas station......GOTTA love this car!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts