Charger Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
So I totally disregarded the break in period as I didn't know about it nor did my dealer mention anything about it, again my fault for not taking the initiative to know that so I definitely didn't follow the break in guidelines and Im now a bit worried after what you said because I drove it hard after I left the dealership. How bad will it be? I am at 897 miles now and also is there reports of parts components breaking or major issues with the car that could arise and if so what kinds after such if you don't follow the break in? Even if I didn't wouldn't the dealer still have an obligation to fix any issues that arise from it considering I have mopar warranty for mechanical issues?

"don't leave anything on the computer which might void coverage of an infant mortality failure"
What do you mean by this specifically?^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you so much for taking the time out your day to help me very much appreciated man (y)
My main concern would be "infant mortality." A failure which happens early. If you followed break-in, then you have a valid claim for warranty coverage. You did not.

Infant mortality is rare. For an engine (transmission, drive train) which did not get proper break-in, problems are not likely to show themselves until well beyond the warranty.

Will your engine develop a problem at 150,000 miles instead of 200,000 miles due to not following break-in? It is possible. Does this really matter today? Probably not.

Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I revved mine but no burnouts and no crazy high speeds. Saw that it was better to occasionally accelerate to keep the entire engine oiled well and not in MDS 4 cylinder mode all the time.

I’d like to do a Tstat change to 20F lower but apparently have to unlock or swap the PCM and change the programming to allow the fan to use the new temp range. I don’t really like the 200F temp - is this done for emissions?

Also use the Hellcat air filter element that drops in to the stock air box. Better air flow even when it’s dirty. A lot of the CAIs pull hot air from the engine bay. Don’t know how the warranty police look at a 3rd party CAI.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Seems like a lot of people have covered the bases. My advice for longevity is to let the engine warm up (by drving, not idling) before going hard on it. I see way too many people hop in and floor it with cold oil and coolant, or rev it immediately after starting it.

Slope Font Parallel Rectangle Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
2022 White Knuckle Scatpack Charger
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Welcome! Post a pic of your new Scat. Everything that is mention above is excellent advice.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus
will do! just waiting for the right time to do it since im so busy im just so in love with it I know everyone ahs their preferences but I am just such a sucker for the narrow body especially in white wasn't really a fan of the WB i just love that I even have a scatpack I've worked so hard to achieve this dream car and coming from absolute poverty I am just blessed to even be in the seat of one Idc if it has no fancy options or is a widebody i get so much atttention and compliments just owning this car is a dream but already got my first speeding ticket so I need to behave on the road 😂

also would you happen to know what the brake and rotor change interval is for a scatpack charger specifically with 4 piston F/R brembo brakes? or is it the same across the board again im a noob at cars in general and have been told that its expensive as heck to change them so I don't want to get conned at a service appointment and them tell me i Need to change them when they ,ight just be fine since I don't know what to look for

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Seems like a lot of people have covered the bases. My advice for longevity is to let the engine warm up (by drving, not idling) before going hard on it. I see way too many people hop in and floor it with cold oil and coolant, or rev it immediately after starting it.

View attachment 308181
Very appreicitive of this advice ! This is def the typew of little things I want to know also would you happen to know what the brake and rotor change interval is for a scatpack charger specifically with 4 piston F/R brembo brakes? or is it the same across the board again im a noob at cars in general and have been told that its expensive as heck to change them so I don't want to get conned at a service appointment and them tell me i Need to change them when they ,ight just be fine since I don't know what to look for

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I revved mine but no burnouts and no crazy high speeds. Saw that it was better to occasionally accelerate to keep the entire engine oiled well and not in MDS 4 cylinder mode all the time.

I’d like to do a Tstat change to 20F lower but apparently have to unlock or swap the PCM and change the programming to allow the fan to use the new temp range. I don’t really like the 200F temp - is this done for emissions?

Also use the Hellcat air filter element that drops in to the stock air box. Better air flow even when it’s dirty. A lot of the CAIs pull hot air from the engine bay. Don’t know how the warranty police look at a 3rd party CAI.
Thanks brother appreciate this info! would you happen to know what the brake and rotor change interval is for a scatpack charger specifically with 4 piston F/R brembo brakes? or is it the same across the board again im a noob at cars in general and have been told that its expensive as heck to change them so I don't want to get conned at a service appointment and them tell me i Need to change them when they ,ight just be fine since I don't know what to look for

·
Registered
736 Posts
will do! just waiting for the right time to do it since im so busy im just so in love with it I know everyone ahs their preferences but I am just such a sucker for the narrow body especially in white wasn't really a fan of the WB i just love that I even have a scatpack I've worked so hard to achieve this dream car and coming from absolute poverty I am just blessed to even be in the seat of one Idc if it has no fancy options or is a widebody i get so much atttention and compliments just owning this car is a dream but already got my first speeding ticket so I need to behave on the road

also would you happen to know what the brake and rotor change interval is for a scatpack charger specifically with 4 piston F/R brembo brakes? or is it the same across the board again im a noob at cars in general and have been told that its expensive as heck to change them so I don't want to get conned at a service appointment and them tell me i Need to change them when they ,ight just be fine since I don't know what to look for
Well there goes your insurance thru the roof with that speeding ticket! Lol
Brakes, when you can’t stop, it’s time to change them out. Lol
Seriously though, when you rotate your tires every 5-6 thousand miles, whomever does it l, have them check the brake linings for wear.
It also depends on your driving habits, if your the type to haul butt and brake hard in every curve and stop light then you will be replacing them sooner than if you’re taking it easy.
Everybody’s driving style is a little different.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
One thing I wish I did sooner was clean and protect the wheels and tires. This helps make it easier cleaning the dust off the rims and keeping the rubber with self car washes in between easier to keep clean.

I like the Gyeon Quartz Wet Coat for the rims and the Adam’s VRT for a natural look on the rubber.
I used PANs process but some of the other products from Adam’s recommended by member @Mantis. Check out the appropriate section.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Also added the deluxe Rear Rock Guards from ZL1Addons (installs in minutes) and the drill-less Sto-n-sho front license plate holder. They sent me flat rubber stoppers instead of the pointy ones. All made in USA.
will def need to look into this appreciate it man!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts