Charger Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I totally disregarded the break in period as I didn't know about it nor did my dealer mention anything about it, again my fault for not taking the initiative to know that so I definitely didn't follow the break in guidelines and Im now a bit worried after what you said because I drove it hard after I left the dealership. How bad will it be? I am at 897 miles now and also is there reports of parts components breaking or major issues with the car that could arise and if so what kinds after such if you don't follow the break in? Even if I didn't wouldn't the dealer still have an obligation to fix any issues that arise from it considering I have mopar warranty for mechanical issues?

"don't leave anything on the computer which might void coverage of an infant mortality failure"
What do you mean by this specifically?^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you so much for taking the time out your day to help me very much appreciated man (y)
My main concern would be "infant mortality." A failure which happens early. If you followed break-in, then you have a valid claim for warranty coverage. You did not.

Infant mortality is rare. For an engine (transmission, drive train) which did not get proper break-in, problems are not likely to show themselves until well beyond the warranty.

Will your engine develop a problem at 150,000 miles instead of 200,000 miles due to not following break-in? It is possible. Does this really matter today? Probably not.

Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I revved mine but no burnouts and no crazy high speeds. Saw that it was better to occasionally accelerate to keep the entire engine oiled well and not in MDS 4 cylinder mode all the time.

I’d like to do a Tstat change to 20F lower but apparently have to unlock or swap the PCM and change the programming to allow the fan to use the new temp range. I don’t really like the 200F temp - is this done for emissions?

Also use the Hellcat air filter element that drops in to the stock air box. Better air flow even when it’s dirty. A lot of the CAIs pull hot air from the engine bay. Don’t know how the warranty police look at a 3rd party CAI.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Seems like a lot of people have covered the bases. My advice for longevity is to let the engine warm up (by drving, not idling) before going hard on it. I see way too many people hop in and floor it with cold oil and coolant, or rev it immediately after starting it.

Slope Font Parallel Rectangle Terrestrial plant

21 - 24 of 24 Posts