Charger Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Wonder what their backlog looks like...
Haha in the thousands I bet. Hopefully no issues and they can keep working. They should build 2020s through at least late October.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If a company files for bankruptcy, do they still need to pay back their debtors?
Or do they have to get rid of existing inventory to soften the blow?

I thought they were given a clean slate to start over, lol.
I cant locate info on what chapter they're filing under but it's been reported Hertz wants to reorganize and pay back debt. So I will assume they want to go Chapter 11 and work under an appointed trustee. So, I believe the answer to your question is yes.

Selling the cars raises capital to pay debt.

Selling cars reduces taxable assets for tax year 2020

Filing bankruptcy doesn't always hurt credit because there is a number of buyers where you can't refile bankruptcy and you're toast if you go under. So the answer to your second question is yes, looks like Heryz is working for a clean slate but it will have conditions im sure.

At what point Hertz starts reordering cars from the manufacturers is my ??

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
This is what threw me off earlier, lol.
The fact that Hertz would have to 'return' vehicles as they could no longer afford them.

Oh well, lets see how all this plays out..

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Avis car rental...anybody happen to hear what they may be doing ? I thought they were more heavily into Chargers, for example...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Avis car rental...anybody happen to hear what they may be doing ? I thought they were more heavily into Chargers, for example...
They have bare bones R/T. Fixed price, no negotiation, and they won't transfer vehicles from other markets. Waste of time at least for a Charger IMO. All fleet rentals from what I saw. Business as usual.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got contacted by 3 "Sales Managers" from the same dealership. Is every sales person a manager these days?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Got contacted by 3 "Sales Managers" from the same dealership. Is every sales person a manager these days?
One dealership I went to said all the sales people were managers because they all did their own paperwork. I wonder what manager title they have on their business cards. That being said, the sales people I've dealt with did most of the paperwork anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
One dealership I went to said all the sales people were managers because they all did their own paperwork. I wonder what manager title they have on their business cards. That being said, the sales people I've dealt with did most of the paperwork anyway.
One was the Internet sales manager that I spoke to. The other two are actually sales managers. Reached out one and assigned me a salesman who I responded back to but haven't heard anythingn yet. Must be still swamped with Memorial Day sales ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
So another idiot gets back to me and says EPP ends today, do you want me to contact you tomorrow with June promotions.

I think I'm done. Can't even get 2 quotes with COVID "internet" sales. I'll wait till the summer is over and the free stimulus money is gone. Just stop in when the places reopen and theirs 10 sales guys sitting outside with masks on holding in the drool when I pull in to the lot.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Its good thru tomorrow but likely will get extended.

If you order, that rebate is locked in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Being told now EPP only applies to vehicles on the lot, of which they have no Hemis anyway. How long does it take to generate a damn quote for a factory order?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
No answer on the time for a quote. I've never ordered from the factory.

If a vehicle is not on the local lot I give my specs to the local salesman and have him search in his system becuase the Dodge site only extends 150 miles from your zip code. And so far every time I've done that the dealership is able to locate a car, even if the dealer they need to trade with is 300 or 400 miles away. Whatever rebates and discounts apply at the local dealer, they will apply to the vehicle they claw from another dealership.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Being told now EPP only applies to vehicles on the lot, of which they have no Hemis anyway. How long does it take to generate a damn quote for a factory order?
No, he is wrong. Dealers will say anything to sell you a lot car but the truth is, it applies to ordered cars as well.

And it's locked in whenever it arrives, the build sheet will show Sold Order Protected.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No, he is wrong. Dealers will say anything to sell you a lot car but the truth is, it applies to ordered cars as well.

And it's locked in whenever it arrives, the build sheet will show Sold Order Protected.

They don't have a single V8 Charger on the lot. Maybe they want to try to sell me a station wagon.

I pursued this dealer because the Internet manager idiot said they had EPP and they came recommended by some locals. There 40 minutes away and turns out Manager B lives in the same town - "oh did my best sales guy Mickey Mike take care of you". No he didn't respond and you obviously can't help me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Stopped by a dealer that had the doors open. No V8s on the lot but chatted with a sales guy. Said EPP ended but discussed my uncle worked at the Chrysler factory but has since passed away. Said I could get EPP as a family member but need his EP number. Anyone else familiar with this?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Just do a mock order and get him to print out the POC and tell him you want Invoice plus half the Holdback plus the Rebate. That would be a good deal and if he agrees, make them sign the POC.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts