Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
She was in a nursing home with dementia so we knew it would be sooner or later, it's just that the CV-19 sped it along a lot faster than we were prepared for.

If we could somehow get the Feds to pull their heads out of their arse and get enough tests and decent tracking we could all go back to work next week. Actually, if we had had testing like the Germans & South Koreans in the first place, none of this would have been necessary.

Now it's going to take along time to pull out of this mess.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Sorry for your loss, krautmaster...
Hope your family can put this to rest sooner, rather than later.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK, the scheduled May 4th date for reopening is cancelled and no word on a new date. Still quite a few cases in the greater Toronto area so they will wait it out some more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Here in Ontario they shut down all the public schools tentatively until the end of May..

Leads me to think that the Government will start rolling out an action plan targeted for June 2020 in phases...

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
krautmaster:
I know it's late to the game so to speak, but condolences from our house to yours on the passing of your mother in law.
These are some strange times we are living in. Between the CV, and the ongoing ClusterF we call Washington DC, I feel like I am watching Jerry Springer with a bowl of rotten popcorn!

Don

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
yeah it has been a real cluster F... 50,000 dead in one month and D.C. has its head where the sun doesn't shine...all we need is a lot of testing like South Korea & Germany did and we could go back to work quickly, but HHS put a dog breeder in charge of it and he can't seem to pull his head out... nuts!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Testing kits...Yup...Too bad our leaders decided to have certain chemicals, reagents, manufactured in China...rendering the overall availability subject to China...or so I heard..
Follows suit ...can claim anything is made in USA...but dig deeper, and it's really not...!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Regarding factory reopening for biz. I heard May assembly lines will be whirring.

Question when you place an order for one what's the deposit amount, and how do you get the best deal on a build? What about Power dollars, are they applied and deducted when you place the order.?
What happens if a better promo comes along before you take delivery? What if it expires before delivery?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Regarding factory reopening for biz. I heard May assembly lines will be whirring.

Question when you place an order for one what's the deposit amount, and how do you get the best deal on a build? What about Power dollars, are they applied and deducted when you place the order.?
What happens if a better promo comes along before you take delivery? What if it expires before delivery?
Depends on the dealer. When I ordered mine, I didn't leave any deposit.

Best,

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Question when you place an order for one what's the deposit amount, and how do you get the best deal on a build?
No set amount, you negotiate that with your dealer. Many dealers will accept $500 and should never be over $1000. Also get in writing what happens to your deposit if you end up not buying the car.

You should get roughly the same discount on an ordered car as one sitting on his lot so tell them that is all you are willing to pay.

What about Power dollars, are they applied and deducted when you place the order.?
PD is an FCA rebate and should only be applied after dealer gives you his discount. Work up the dealer discount separately because they will try to act like the FCA rebate is your discount and that's not true.

What happens if a better promo comes along before you take delivery?
You should get whatever rebates are in effect when take delivery.

What if it expires before delivery?
Power Dollars will be locked in once your order is accepted. Most rebates are not locked in but PD seems to the exception. On your build sheet it will say Sold Order Protected and that locks it in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can you place an order now?

I called 2 dealers and both didn't have much for Charger Hemis in stock and indicated they weren't taking new orders.

One dealer only has 1 used SP. Asked about appointments for a test drive, and they were like I had to work the deal first and "buy" the car with a deposit first. Then I can see and drive the car and if I don't like it can cancel the sale. I don't think so.

Does the dealer have to make a financial commitment to the factory when ordering a vehicle?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I had to drop off an Elantra to the dealership for a recall yesterday so me and the wife swung by the FCA show room on the complex and talked to the salesman I traded my Scat Pack last month. He said it flew off the lot which was no surprise. He said the production line shutdown has really impacted inventory and as soon as they process arriving Charger and Challenger inventory and throw discounts on the window the cars are sold. He said in the past it was easy to do a dealer to dealer transfer to get a customers car, but the lack of inventory has made that more difficult and they are now having to buy the car from another dealer and then send a crew to that location to drive the car and MSO back to their dealership for the customer. And that might be a 200 to 300 mile distance.

He said a few people were interested in my old scat but didn't get financing approval. He said within a few days a guy that bought a new 5.7 2 months earlier dropped by the dealer and traded his 2 month old R/T for the used Scat.

The inventory of Chargers and Challengers on the lot were mostly V6. The few 2019 Charger sxt's I looked at were stickered in the $22k. to 25k range. I think I saw one that was in the very low 30's. But most of the inventory sitting on the lot were Jeep products.

I also read that Ford had to shut its line down for a few days this week due to a few cases of Covid on the line. I imagine this will be a routine cycle for all car manufacturers for a while.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Similar inventory situation in the Phoenix area. Yesterday I did a quick online inventory survey of the 3 largest FCA dealers in the valley. Not one new Charger or Challenger SRT and zero Jeep GC SRT's and Trackhawks. So the plant outages have been great for inventory reduction and you can be sure as new production starts arriving (albeit slowly) that the dealers are going to be very "proud" on their pricing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
With 38million people out of work and 14.7% unemployment rate, not to mention many with cut pay and hours, a glut of used cars from the rental fleets, I don't see a large demand for the rest of the year. Trouble is with low supply of Hemi chargers. Maybe I'll find a used SRT if I wait long enough.

From US News:
Roughly 38.6 million Americans have now sought jobless benefits over the last nine weeks, illustrating the devastating and unprecedented toll the coronavirus has taken on the U.S. economy.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
We have effectively allowed the media to "bully" the world's largest economy into shutting down. Who is closely aligned with the media? Think about that in November.
100% correct. That’s all I will say.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
With 38million people out of work and 14.7% unemployment rate, not to mention many with cut pay and hours, a glut of used cars from the rental fleets, I don't see a large demand for the rest of the year. Trouble is with low supply of Hemi chargers. Maybe I'll find a used SRT if I wait long enough.

From US News:
What are your thoughts about the glut of used rental vehicles in rental companies . Do you see rental companies dumping them on the market to reduce inventory? Or do you see rental companies pulling orders for new cars to reduce (or maintain) their inventory and retaining their current fleet for a future surge when travel picks up.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts