Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2015 charger se, purchased a POWER STOP brake kit for it a while back, not impressed, brakes started squeaking almost instantly, just wanted to know if I need the same brand to replace brake pads or if I can replace with other brands, thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,520 Posts
As long as they’re the same size, you can get a different brand of pads.

There are a TON of threads about brakes, just search for them.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I own a 2015 charger se, purchased a POWER STOP brake kit for it a while back, not impressed, brakes started squeaking almost instantly, just wanted to know if I need the same brand to replace brake pads or if I can replace with other brands, thanks in advance.
What kit did you get? I've had 3 sets of fronts and 2 sets of rears of the Z26 and have never had squeaking.

But yeah, do a search as there are countless threads on this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly don't remember what kit it was, but wasn't wasn't cheap, for me at least. I'll look into it though. Maybe the installer just did a crappy job. Even thought it was at a pro shop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the new brakes were installed and the bedding process wasn't followed correctly (Powerstop lists specific instructions for this) they tend to get squeaky.
I am guessing the installer didn't know what he was doing. Now, do you know if I have to stick with same brand of pads or would another brand fit?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I am guessing the installer didn't know what he was doing. Now, do you know if I have to stick with same brand of pads or would another brand fit?
Did you get calipers pads and rotors or just pads and rotors?

If you just got pads and rotors, keeping your stock calipers any brand pads will work.

If you got the whole "big brake kit" you're likely stuck with powerstop pads.

You're the only person I've heard of in years that had squeaky powerstops though

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,520 Posts
Keep in mind, the bedding process isn’t on the shop, it’s partly on you. The process of longer than what they can/will do in a shop.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Keep in mind, the bedding process isn’t on the shop, it’s partly on you. The process of longer than what they can/will do in a shop.

Those moderate to aggressive stops from 40mph were great! You can smell how hot they get so quickly!

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
I agree with others, might be the installer. I've never had an issue with Power Stop brakes squeaking. I chamfer the pads a bit with file and use anti-squeal as directed, or even anti-seize also works well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts