Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you are all thinking I warped the rotors, here is the story.. I have noticed after the car sits for a while after rain or a wash the brakes will make a loud pop, like they where locked up and now have released when I start to move. Didn't think anything about it. Now we come to today. When Im slowing down from about 45 , I ve noticed a pulsating in the pedal, no shaking in the steering, it feels almost like when ABS kicks in. No pulling when applying the brakes. I get home and decide to check for heat at the front rims with my hand. Front left side is very hot compared to the right side. I was driving on and off for most of the day, local traffic, car sat for abut 40 minutes before this started. Any ideas, caliper acting up my guess? Im not a car guy, I usually take them in to get fixed. Im going to do some driving tomorrow and bring my infrared thermometer and check the heat and get on vid for the dealer. 2020 Scat 14k miles, base model. Thanks

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Pulsing pedal would be warped rotor.
While driving take your hands off the steering wheel and apply the brakes if the car pulls to one side it’s a caliper.
Just make sure your on a level road .

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took to the dealer and they said no issues with the brakes ...but.... They said my differential is bad. I had a differential go bad on my Magnum and did notice a problem. Now with the Scat, only thing I noticed was some droning possibly. Lets see when its done if I can tell a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts