Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I'm going to be doing my brakes in the near future and was looking for some tips about brakes/brakes kits. I upgraded to 20" rims and noticed a slight decline in braking force, as well as the added stress of the larger diameter rim, this has me concerned enough about the stock system. I've got about 30K miles on the stocks and I want to either replace the whole system with a larger kit such as Willwood or Brembos, but that is extremely pricy and not sure if that is the most logical solution. Would a set of good slotted rotors and pads work as well or good enough?

Are there any good big brake kits out there for our V6s?

Or should I just do rotors and pads?

Installation will not be a problem as I have done this on previous cars. If I end up going with the rotors and pads what are my options? I know PowerSlot makes very nice rotors. Are there any other brands to consider? I don't know much about different brands and types of pads. For those that have done any brake upgrades your input will be much appreciated. Installation will not be a problem as I have done this on previous cars. Please keep in mind this is a V6 not a HEMI.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A big Brake kit would be the best solution but like you already mentioned it is a pricey option.

A set of drilled or slotted rotors and a nice set of pads would offer an improvement in Brake fade thus giving you the impression that you have more braking power. Either way it would be an upgrade.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Our brakes are pretty good already. According to my trusted mechanic upgrading the pads and brake line will help the brake system. I dont think they make brake lines for our car but your idea of new rotors and pads will really help. Id rather spend $500 on rotors and new pads than $1500-$2500 on a brake kit. I dont think our car needs all that much stopping power. Now if your racing go ahead and spend the $$$$$. I am also thinking of doing new rotors and pads soon(hawk pads and power slot rotors).

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm running 22s as you can see in my sig pic. My car has 53000 miles on it and I'm running stock brakes. I haven't had to change them at all. I have had a few close calls and those brakes have saved me many a time. There is a difference from the stock wheels but not so much that I feel that I need to change them. When my stockers go out, I'll be investing in an upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts