Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on stock rotors and pads(i think.. car was used and havent taken a close look)

comin down from anywehre above 80 quickly results in some pretty massive shaking of the car. it can be really bad comin from 120 and down.

you can feel it if you know what your looking at if u brake hard at jsut about any speed tho.

anyone else experienced this?

one of the rotors was machined(lathed) once by the previous owner, and im thinking about having all 4 done to make sure theyre even, but at that point it will probably not be possible to do it again should a problem occur and ill need new rotors(which may not be bad anyway. but im poor)

is the problem with the rotors or pads would you think? easiest fix? goto the dealer(im still in warranty, is this warranty?) or get soem Red Stuff if pads?

thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do you mean actually machined by the previous owner or by a shop?

Just saying cause I know a guy that took a grinder to one of his. :smoke:

Anyways, my jeep had a couple of happenings like that. Might look into a tire balancing/rotation. Or get the brakes checked, just for the sake of safety.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just had my tires balanced and rotated not even a month ago by a family friend who owns a very reputable rim shop around here.

it was machined(lathed? idk what the right word is) by the dealer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dang. It's beyond me then man. Lol. Could always blame Kentucky.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Do a search for the TSB's on the front brakes, there are a couple out there I think. Unless your dealer is familiar with them (should be). How many miles on the car? I just had mine replaced under warranty (20,000 miles). They tried to turn them first (one they turned, but the other was so far out that they couldn't). They put on the "Heavy Duty Police Package" rotors and pads. They didn't look any different than the ones that were on there but the part #'s were different.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Do a search for the TSB's on the front brakes, there are a couple out there I think. Unless your dealer is familiar with them (should be). How many miles on the car? I just had mine replaced under warranty (20,000 miles). They tried to turn them first (one they turned, but the other was so far out that they couldn't). They put on the "Heavy Duty Police Package" rotors and pads. They didn't look any different than the ones that were on there but the part #'s were different.
The Brake warranty is 12k. Your dealer was just nice in extending it to 20k or they didn't know better. I replaced mine with aftermarket and have been happy ever since.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hrm. i got liek 24k or so. i may have to go see waht they say. is it a TSB or did you just get a chill dealer who hooked it up?

ive looked at slotted rotors, but totalling around 500 big ones, excluding pads is a bit rough atm when these work til i can save more cash. and then tehres other things i wanna do with that cash too. DESCISIONS!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My car does the same thing. I already had the brake rotor TSB done and have had all the wheels balanced and any kind of moderate to heavy braking at 80+ mph and the front shakes like crazy..............very embarassing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts