Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to beat this to death but should I get the "semi-metallic" pads from Centric or the "Ceramic" ones...???

I'm all kinds of confused now...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Not to beat this to death but should I get the "semi-metallic" pads from Centric or the "Ceramic" ones...???

Hey fellow SCLX member. Go to ZeckhausenRacing.com and order the "posi-quiet" pads from Centric. Call up and ask for Dave Z. Tell him I sent you (FreebirdSRT/Mark in Houston).

When you get them in, let me know and you can come over and I will install the new pads for you. Won't take us long to do. That's how we roll in H-Town.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts

Depends on what you're after. :)

If you want low dust, longer life, and average performace go ceramic. If you want more dust, average life, and better performance go semi-metallic.

I was planning to upgrade to these:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?&make=Hawk&model=HPS+Street+brake+pads&group=HPS+Street+brake+pads&autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Charger+RT&autoYear=2006&autoModClar=&perfCode=S

Best,

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freebird... Nice to meet you this weekend .. ... I'll phone Dave but ebay has them for under 100 bucks shipped ... I've convinced the dealer to replace the rotors so I'll be changing the pads soon as I get them in ... I might take you up on the offer to install ... I hear it's a breeze to do ..

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Freebird... Nice to meet you this weekend .. ... I'll phone Dave but ebay has them for under 100 bucks shipped ... I've convinced the dealer to replace the rotors so I'll be changing the pads soon as I get them in ... I might take you up on the offer to install ... I hear it's a breeze to do ..

Pleasure meeting you as well. Did your SRT come with the all smooth rotors or the slotted ones? Was wondering why you are getting new rotors.

It takes longer to clean the inside of the wheel and the caliper, than it does to change out the brake pads.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car had smooth rotors on it when I bought it but only 5k miles ... had to argue with chrystler to get the new stuff under the TSB for the 06's ... after a week of arguing ... They are going to put the slotted rotors on and I'll redo the pad when I get some time... Maybe this weekend or next but I sure will hit you up when I'm ready ...

K

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Hey fellow SCLX member. Go to ZeckhausenRacing.com and order the "posi-quiet" pads from Centric. Call up and ask for Dave Z. Tell him I sent you (FreebirdSRT/Mark in Houston).

When you get them in, let me know and you can come over and I will install the new pads for you. Won't take us long to do. That's how we roll in H-Town.
So you have the "posi-quiet" pads? I am about over cleaning the wheels and the brake dust off the sides of the Bee. Does this get rid of some or all of the dust?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
The car had smooth rotors on it when I bought it but only 5k miles ... had to argue with chrystler to get the new stuff under the TSB for the 06's ... after a week of arguing ... They are going to put the slotted rotors on and I'll redo the pad when I get some time... Maybe this weekend or next but I sure will hit you up when I'm ready ...

K
hope you dont mind me butting in but,
there was a recall or TSB or whatev on the terrible brake squeel right? the previous owner had them serviced in which they machined one of the rotors on my car once. i still have the reciept she gave me from her visit(along with the one for the sunroof rattle).

the brakes still squeel hella bad. do you think it is possible for me to have them replace all the rotors with slotted ones? :D or was it a huge hassle for you? or am i misreading what you got yours replaced for?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
hope you dont mind me butting in but,
there was a recall or TSB or whatev on the terrible brake squeel right? the previous owner had them serviced in which they machined one of the rotors on my car once. i still have the reciept she gave me from her visit(along with the one for the sunroof rattle).

the brakes still squeel hella bad. do you think it is possible for me to have them replace all the rotors with slotted ones? :D or was it a huge hassle for you? or am i misreading what you got yours replaced for?

The slotted rotor TSB was for the SRT8's. If you're over 12k miles do what I did and replace them with centric slotted/drilled rotors with centric pads. I paid about $375 for all four wheels and it's been great much better than stock ever since.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I had horrible brakes on my charger they would squeak for now darn reason (metalic brakes) so I went to Star Auto Parts and purchased there ceramic brake pads. My original brakes were brand new! They even had more meat on them than the new ceramic ones that I bought! Go with full ceramic I did and its the best thing I ever did.

The brake job is very simple, anyone should be able to do this work even if they have never done it before, just make sure you lable the discs that way you don't mix them up when you get them turned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts