Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be addressed elsewhere but I didnt see anything definitive so I figured I'd post to the forums. I'm trying to figure out what size rotors I need. The site that I'm ordering from has 3 options when picking my year (2008); R/T Non Daytona, Daytona R/T with 12.6 inch rotors, Daytona R/T and R/T with Police Package, with 13.77 inch rotors. I have a non Daytona R/T but since I have the R/T package in it as well a lot of my parts seem to be the same as the Daytona.

My build order lists BR5S Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Perf Brakes as the brakes that are my car.

From what I've read online I think the Rotors are the same for the R/T with or with the Daytona and the Daytona just uses different pads. If this is correct I assume I would need the 12.6 inch rotors and the question then becomes if I have the Daytona pads or not (or if that even matters when buying on my own).

Anyone know if I'm right here or have any insight on which rotors and pads I need for an 08 R/T w/ RT Package? If not, anyone know if there's a way to determine this from the VIN?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Most likely you have the 12.6" rotors. Might have to measure them

·
Registered
293 Posts
The pads are all the same "size" in all R/T trim levels.
The front rotors are all the same size in all R/T trim levels.
The rear rotors come in 2 sizes, the 12" one and the 13" one. All police packages come with the 13" rear rotor size, and some Daytonas come with them (depending on year). Any R/T levels can use the 13" rear rotors, you just need to swap the rear caliper adapter.

An easy way to tell if you have the 12" or the 13" rear rotors is to compare it to your front rotors. At a quick glance, people may not notice or pay attention, but most cars have smaller rear rotors. If the rear rotors look like the same size as the front, and look like they're almost touching the 18" rims, you have the 13". Technically, the police size rear rotors are slightly bigger than the front, but comparing it side to side, there is very little difference, and once on the car, they look the same.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts