Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to upgrade my brake (front) from BR3 to BR5. The BR5 rotors are bigger than BR3, does that means I'll need to replace the dust shield? Bigger dust shield? If so, do you have the Mopar part number for it?

Also, I will need to replace brake hoses (front only) to accommodate BR5 brake calipers. I will need Mopar's part number as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,419 Posts
Probably but they are cheap enough, just do it. Don't sweat the rears. IO hope you are doing the rears too. That is the worst part of the BR3.
If you don't mind a little dust or wash your vehicle often enough, get some Performance Friction Company pads. Awesome braking. The only good thing about ceramics are low dusting.
Keep us updated with the progress. I haven't seen a thread on BR3 to BR5 with pics yet.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
sorry, I didn't see your PM (I almost never check that), anyway you do NOT need to change the dust shields, they use the same one on the BR3 and BR5 (notice the huge amount of space between the rotor & shield on the BR3 and the much smaller gap on the BR5).

BR5 Brake hose numbers:
Left: 68252492AB
Right: 68252498AA

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After researching on BR5 (front) and BR8 (rear), I've selected these parts:

Powerstop front brake calipers, S4968A (BR5 calipers)
Powerstop rear brake calipers, S4970 (BR8 calipers)

Dynamic Friction Rear (left and right, 63139018 L and R) looks similar to PowerStop cross drilled/slotted, but cheaper. Zinc plated.
Dynamic Friction Front (left and right, 63139017 L and R) similar as above

Raybestos EHT 1057H for the rear
Raybestos EHT 1058H for the front

What do YOU think of that?

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
The Dynamic friction rotors you show for the rear (63139018 L&R) are NOT BR8, they are the 12.6" rotors from the RT/BR5. If you want the big 13.8" rear rotors those are 63139021 L&R but you have to get the correct rear caliper bracket (much longer) and thinner pads, Raybestos EHT1057AH.

Not sure where you got your caliper part numbers from but the S4970 appear to be for the stock rear sold disk BR3 brakes.

For the BR8 you should use these (S4992A)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm okay. It was confusing for me. Now, I am getting an idea, thanks for including these pictures in your recent post. That really helps. I would go with BR5 brake calipers and vented rotors (12.6", 320mm) for the rear (I do not want BR8). I'll check with Dynamic Friction rotors for an exact fit, 350mm and 320mm.

But I still want 13.6" (350 mm) rotors for the front. I'll go with BR5 (Power Stop S4968A) for the front.

Front calipers: Powerstop S4968A (for BR5)
Rear calipers: Powerstop S4970A (for BR5)

Front rotors: 350mm, vented (actually 344.90mm) for BR5
Rear rotors: 320mm, vented for BR5

Front brake pads: EHT 1058H for BR5
Rear brake pads: EHT 1057H for BR5
Are these correct?

Thanks so much for the correction

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
The S4968A are single piston calipers for the BR3, and the S4970 are for the solid non vented BR3 rotors: when you search for the parts NEVER put in SE/SXT, always put in R/T with 5.7, otherwise you will keep getting the BR3 parts.

Front Calipers BR5 are the S5016A :

Rear Calipers BR5 are the S4992:

Front Rotors:

Rear Rotors:

It is cheaper if you just buy the whole kit all at once and throw away the Z23 pads and buy the Raybestos

The BR5 is the same package I put on my wife's Rallye... you will like the EHT pads, they stop great cold or hot and don't make much dirt, the Z23 pads are DANGEROUS when cold.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The S4970 are for the solid non vented rotors...when you search for the parts NEVER put in SE/SXT, always put in R/T with 5.7, otherwise you will keep getting the BR3 parts.
The BR5 is the same package I put on my wife's Rallye... you will like the EHT pads, they stop great cold or hot and don't make much dirt.
Got it. Thanks so much, Krautmaster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts