Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am stumped on figuring out this issue...

I have a 12' SRT Superbee Charger that I bought back in June 2014 w/ only 17K miles. In August 14' I noticed it was making a (lack of a better word) "Humming" noise when I braked. Around 6MPH, you can hear a faint hum noise. When I shift from P to D you hear the faint Hum. When I accelerate from complete stop to around 6-8 MPH you can hear the faint HUM again.
It sounds like its coming from the front of the car. I can't figure out what it is.

The car is currently at the dealer, they just called said it was ready for pick up, but they said they can't figure it out. They told me it was normal in the brake system, but when I bought it, it didn't make that sound.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys,

I am stumped on figuring out this issue...

I have a 12' SRT Superbee Charger that I bought back in June 2014 w/ only 17K miles. In August 14' I noticed it was making a (lack of a better word) "Humming" noise when I braked. Around 6MPH, you can hear a faint hum noise. When I shift from P to D you hear the faint Hum. When I accelerate from complete stop to around 6-8 MPH you can hear the faint HUM again.
It sounds like its coming from the front of the car. I can't figure out what it is.

The car is currently at the dealer, they just called said it was ready for pick up, but they said they can't figure it out. They told me it was normal in the brake system, but when I bought it, it didn't make that sound.

Any Ideas?
Mine does that, mostly cruising 70-75ish on the interstate along with mild front vibration. It can be loud. Done it since I bought it new (2013). Braking stops it. Have never worried about it, random vibration is pretty normal with large brake systems in my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts