Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just wanted to give you a couple pieces of feedback on the braided hose kit I received yesterday for my srt. All in all I think they look good but for the cost it would be great to take the below into consideration. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

1. The red clamp covers are scratched and in a couple of small places the red is completely worn off. It looks like this is due to the way they were shipped. They arrived all together in a padded fedex bag without any wrapping/protection on them so they had been banged together a lot.

2. There were no labels on them. It makes it tough to tell what is what. Especially the catch can lnes and the breather hose since these 3 are almost identical in size and length.

Hopefully when I install this weekend I can turn the clamps so you can't see the rubbed spots but I thought you would want to be aware of this.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I apologize for the clamps coming with scratches on them. We can send out new clamps for you to replace those for you. Shoot me a PM with your order number and we can get those shipped out.

thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any advice on how to keep the pcv line from kinking? I got it on but the pressure from the hose either pushes really hard on the sensor which makes me worried it's going to break or the line has some amount of kink in it. I got it pretty minimal but it's still kinked a little. Not sure if that will hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Any advice on how to keep the pcv line from kinking? I got it on but the pressure from the hose either pushes really hard on the sensor which makes me worried it's going to break or the line has some amount of kink in it. I got it pretty minimal but it's still kinked a little. Not sure if that will hurt anything.
X2. It seems like it needs to be a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The bottom PCV connection is pretty tight. What we do when we install them is bend them first before we put it on the nipple on the manifold. Then bend it around the Water pump and then onto the Catch Can.

If needed you can flatten the line with a set of pliers where it is kinking (we haven't needed to do that, but it is an option).

Here are the same lines after a year and 15k miles, we just swapped from a BT Can to a Moroso Can

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Can you post a pic of how yours looks? We may be able to help you with it if we see what it's doing. I installed the lines in the first pic Mikey posted last June and never adjusted them or had an issue for a year. We switched to the Moroso catch can on that car last month and kept the same lines, never removed it from the PCV and it's just fine. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'll get some pics this weekend and post them up. I used the pliers and that helped quite a bit bu it still doesn't looke like the pics above. They will slide that far over but it was putting so much pressure on the pcv I was worried it would break so I moved the line where it is more straight on with the fitting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hose Pics

Sorry for the picture quality, had to do these in my garage at night. This is even after using some pliers to help straighten it out. Also, I removed the hose to look inside and it has collapsed where the kink was. Tried to get a pic of it (below), not sure if you can tell but almost a full 50% of the line is blocked now even when it is straightened out.

I saw a friend of mine this weekend who has the same line setup and his didn't kink or collapse like this. Any advice or help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Not sure what to do now since the line is collapsed...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Is the PCV fitting screwed on all the way into the intake?

If you look at this pic there seems to be more room behind the fitting to the water pump

Is the hose all the way to the end of the fitting on the inside? That might be a cause for that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the pcv is screwed tight to the intake, hose is all the way on the pcv valve and the fitting is at the end of the hose. Not sure why there would be more room on yours than mine. I'm wondering if I need to rig some kind of 90 connector on it but I think it's going to look bad and I'm not sure how that will affect the flow through the line.

Also, what about the collapsed line? Is the hose even usable now? When it bends at that part there is basically no open tube for the vapor to flow through. Can I get a replacement?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's awesome. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
2. There were no labels on them. It makes it tough to tell what is what. Especially the catch can lnes and the breather hose since these 3 are almost identical in size and length.
I am looking to make this purchase this month, or maybe the next. Have you addressed ReRun's #2?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I am looking to make this purchase this month, or maybe the next. Have you addressed ReRun's #2?
Generally we have not labeled them in any of our past orders, and this was the first request to have them that way. We cut these lines to exact length as the lines they are replacing, so if the length of the breather line (which varies from CAI to CAI) matches one of the new braided lines, thats the breather line, same deal with the catch can lines.

Are the lines close in length? Yes, sometimes the Catch Can Lines are close to the breather lines, but like I said, this is the first request for the need to label them and we have sold hundreds of these kits.

As anyone else had an issue determining where these line is for the breather and which line is for the catch cans?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Ok, I'll take that as a "no".
If you would like your lines labeled, we can do that for you, no problem. Please put a note in the "Order Comments" section when you order and we'll take care of it. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts