Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done them? I lost a little pedal feel and braking power
when I switched to the SRT8 20's and want to get a little bite back.
Was thinking of adding new braided lines when I do the rotor and pads.

Also saw that the police package brakes have a larger rear rotor than
the R&T/Daytona brakes. Can anyone in a parts dept figure out exactly
what parts are different? I'm thinking just the rotor, caliper adapter and
maybe the caliper. Would like to try this if it's cost effective.

From the LX service manual:

Vehicles equipped with the Police Package have heavy-duty brakes. Special brake linings are used front and rear.
The front brake calipers and rotors are the same as the premium “Eighteen-inch” brakes, but the rear brakes are
somewhat different. The rear brake caliper is similar, using the same diameter piston and seals, but is larger to
accommodate a larger brake rotor
. The rear brake rotor is a thicker (4 mm thicker than premium), larger diameter
(350 mm) vented unit. The hat section of the rotor remains the same as premium to allow use of the standard
parking brake system. The rear brake caliper adapter (anchor) is different to allow for the larger brake rotor. All
components are serviced the same as premium brakes.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
I've tried braided lines on a few occasions and in hindsight I think any "benefit" was probably all in my head. It probably won't make any difference in perceived pedal feel. If you do it anyway, make sure you get braided lines that have the braid enclosed in rubber/plastic coating so they don't chafe the line inside. I've seen it happen.

Best,

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried braided lines on a few occasions and in hindsight I think any "benefit" was probably all in my head. It probably won't make any difference in perceived pedal feel. If you do it anyway, make sure you get braided lines that have the braid enclosed in rubber/plastic coating so they don't chafe the line inside. I've seen it happen.

Best,
The ones I've seen are like that, encased in clear plastic/rubber.
I did this on my motorcycle but it was purely for looks and I did it
right when I got the bike so I never felt if it made a difference.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.