Charger Forums banner
881 - 893 of 893 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
BTW have you replaced washers on the brake lines where you connect to the caliper? I had a lot of problem with leaks there. I guess I need new washers however I have used quite a lot of force and there is no leak at the moment.

· Registered
14 Posts
I put my summer wheels & tires back on today, but while they were all off, I cleaned up the brakes and noticed that the pads were being held 1/16" or more away from the rotor by the tab in the anti rattle clips... apparently they are there to either aid gas mileage (by .001 MPG) or to keep from "hot spotting" the rotor while the car is parked. Either way, all they really do is makes the brakes feel mushy... The 1st time you push the brake on any stop it seemed as 1/2 the pedal travel was used up just getting the pads to make contact, so I have been giving them a couple quick pumps on every stop..it became 2nd nature and I didn't notice myself doing it anymore. So, I pulled the pads out to clean them up and cut off the stupid little tabs that had been causing the issue. Now, I have positive grip on the 1st application, no more "pumping them up" .
I have different question. Have you all follow Krautmaster advice to cut off tabs on antirattle clips?
I'm wonder if you experienced any issues after or before this operation?

· Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
2,344 Posts
I have different question. Have you all follow Krautmaster advice to cut off tabs on antirattle clips?
I'm wonder if you experienced any issues after or before this operation?
Nope. Left them as is.

· Registered
14 Posts
I did that with my stockers and they rattle regularly. I think I will leave them this next round and see what happens...
DO you hear the sound of rattle?

And again: BTW have you replaced cooper washers on the brake lines where you connect to the caliper? I had a lot of problem with leaks there. I guess I need new washers however I have used quite a lot of force and there is no leak at the moment.

· Registered
2013 R/T
2,830 Posts
I cut mine and no rattle but I use the tacky stuff on the back of the pads.

Reactions: Rhill1124

· Registered
155 Posts
DO you hear the sound of rattle?

And again: BTW have you replaced cooper washers on the brake lines where you connect to the caliper? I had a lot of problem with leaks there. I guess I need new washers however I have used quite a lot of force and there is no leak at the moment.
Yes I hear it rattle.

You should replace the copper washers every time you take the bolt off (recommended) or anneal them if trying to reuse.

· Registered
2013 R/T
2,830 Posts
I do, they are cheap, its your brakes.

881 - 893 of 893 Posts