Charger Forums banner
841 - 853 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I believe the guide pin is getting jammed up again. May need new caliper bracket

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
If the guide pin keeps jamming up, then either the bracket or caliper was not drilled correctly and one of them is angled too much for smooth operation.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Never had any issues until pfc pads

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #844 ·
You likely got a bad set of pads, seems everybody else using them has had no problems, just great stopping-- If you got them from Amazon they are probably fake, if from a reputable dealer just an off pair (happens sometimes).

Here is something weird on brake pads: the Raybestos EHT pads I put on the wife's car had Hawk HP paperwork in the box... discovered both are manufactured in China and are probably the same pad with different names...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Hand Automotive tire Tire Bumper Finger

Got new pins and the original brackets chewed up the one again. New bracket and pins on now. So we’ll see.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Same. ESP since I just spent $60 to powder coat the bracket lol

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
I had a bad rear bracket on the Powerstop kit I bought for the wifes Purple people eater- they sent me a new bracket within two days. I couldn't even get the top pin to go all the way in without jamming - it was drilled incorrectly at a downward angle.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I didn’t have any issues with that bracket until recently.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Ordered new bracket for passenger side. No issue AND now the driver side bracket is acting up. Da faq lol

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
1 Posts
Hi! So I know this thread is older but krautmaster seems to be the master of the B9 conversion. Could you please supply me with all the part numbers necessary? Everywhere I look people either don't include the rears or the fronts end up being a different size. I have been incredibly frustrated for the past couple weeks trying to piece together what parts I need/don't need. Apparently the front rotors are meant to be bigger then the back ones? Maybe I'm just being an idiot but none of this is making sense. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
All the part numbers are on the first few pages.

Yes the front rotors are bigger. Most of the stopping power is up front.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
6 Posts
You likely got a bad set of pads, seems everybody else using them has had no problems, just great stopping-- If you got them from Amazon they are probably fake, if from a reputable dealer just an off pair (happens sometimes).

Here is something weird on brake pads: the Raybestos EHT pads I put on the wife's car had Hawk HP paperwork in the box... discovered both are manufactured in China and are probably the same pad with different names...
Not related but I contacted a brake supplier about making pursuit rear pads that occupy the whole plate, hence a bit more rotor contact. Lets see what happens

841 - 853 of 853 Posts