Charger Forums banner
841 - 860 of 861 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I believe the guide pin is getting jammed up again. May need new caliper bracket

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
If the guide pin keeps jamming up, then either the bracket or caliper was not drilled correctly and one of them is angled too much for smooth operation.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Never had any issues until pfc pads

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #844 ·
You likely got a bad set of pads, seems everybody else using them has had no problems, just great stopping-- If you got them from Amazon they are probably fake, if from a reputable dealer just an off pair (happens sometimes).

Here is something weird on brake pads: the Raybestos EHT pads I put on the wife's car had Hawk HP paperwork in the box... discovered both are manufactured in China and are probably the same pad with different names...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Hand Automotive tire Tire Bumper Finger

Got new pins and the original brackets chewed up the one again. New bracket and pins on now. So we’ll see.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Same. ESP since I just spent $60 to powder coat the bracket lol

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
I had a bad rear bracket on the Powerstop kit I bought for the wifes Purple people eater- they sent me a new bracket within two days. I couldn't even get the top pin to go all the way in without jamming - it was drilled incorrectly at a downward angle.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I didn’t have any issues with that bracket until recently.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Ordered new bracket for passenger side. No issue AND now the driver side bracket is acting up. Da faq lol

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
1 Posts
Hi! So I know this thread is older but krautmaster seems to be the master of the B9 conversion. Could you please supply me with all the part numbers necessary? Everywhere I look people either don't include the rears or the fronts end up being a different size. I have been incredibly frustrated for the past couple weeks trying to piece together what parts I need/don't need. Apparently the front rotors are meant to be bigger then the back ones? Maybe I'm just being an idiot but none of this is making sense. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
All the part numbers are on the first few pages.

Yes the front rotors are bigger. Most of the stopping power is up front.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
7 Posts
You likely got a bad set of pads, seems everybody else using them has had no problems, just great stopping-- If you got them from Amazon they are probably fake, if from a reputable dealer just an off pair (happens sometimes).

Here is something weird on brake pads: the Raybestos EHT pads I put on the wife's car had Hawk HP paperwork in the box... discovered both are manufactured in China and are probably the same pad with different names...
Not related but I contacted a brake supplier about making pursuit rear pads that occupy the whole plate, hence a bit more rotor contact. Lets see what happens

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
973 Posts
You’re going to be waiting a while for a response from him. He’s been MIA for a couple of months.

One of the others may chime in with the answer. My biggest take away from all of these Brake upgrade threads is to make that you list your vehicle as the model that you’re trying to get. In this case I would list your car as a Pursuit 3.6/5.7, AWD/RWD, what ever matches, but lost PURSUIT, not SXT/RT…
If you don’t do that their computer will end up listing the stock size for what you already have.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,634 Posts
Those are not BR9 calipers. Search under 2015 Charger on rock auto. Don't get hung up thinking power stop brand is something special. They just cost more usually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Rhill1124 been experiencing that a bunch lately which is why I wanted to double check with the forum members.

@georgiapi Looking at Powerstop since they save me the time of painting the calipers. Just so I learn, how could you tell those aren't BR9 calipers? I couldn't find them on Powerstops website to confirm/deny their fitment

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,634 Posts
How could you tell those aren't BR9 calipers?
Mostly by experience I can look at the casting, and size. The BR5 are aluminum, BR9 Iron.

I know its a long thread but if you read it you would know also. Hunker down.
Wood Picture frame Working animal Art Automotive tire

Next to the Supercharger its my favorite mod.
Here is me doing a proper sequence of the brake upgrade before the blower.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

841 - 860 of 861 Posts