Charger Forums banner

741 - 760 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious where you got the parts.
Orientation is bleeders on top, pointing upwards.
hardware came from athens Dodge $140.. bolts hoses & shields
rotors pads from rock auto
calipers r1 concepts.
What is odd is that it looks like the charger has the caliper in the front of the car. The 300 has them on the back side.

·
Registered
2015 SE
11 Posts
Aww shucks, I hope he does. I'm open to any suggestions. Are the parts for the BR9 still unobtanium? Br5 will do if so.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,777 Posts
Calipers in front are usually AWD.
Gotta be careful, it seems lots of vendors sell the BR5 for BR9. BR9s are cast iron with a centered line connection between pistons. . The rest are aluminum.

I have a used set of BR5 front and rear calipers I'll sell for 50.00 shipping.

Reactions: Mr.Texas6

·
Registered
2015 SE
11 Posts
Gotta be careful, it seems lots of vendors sell the BR5 for BR9. BR9s are cast iron with a centered line connection between pistons. . The rest are aluminum.

Thank you for the response georgiapi. Wow you still have them? I remember reading when you went up from them to the BR9. Did you end up painting them(iirc that was also you)? I'll have to link up with you so I can snag them. That takes care of the calipers,now I just need to list the other parts needed.
Rock auto seems to be the go-to.

·
Registered
2015 SE
11 Posts
Also,I see you are a fan of the smooth rotors and ceramic pads. My local mechanic guy favors smooth rotors over drilled and slotted also. I'm leaning towards the smooth rotors. Which pads were those with the larger pad surface area you and kraut spoke on...are they for the BR9 package only?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also,I see you are a fan of the smooth rotors and ceramic pads. My local mechanic guy favors smooth rotors over drilled and slotted also. I'm leaning towards the smooth rotors. Which pads were those with the larger pad surface area you and kraut spoke on...are they for the BR9 package only?
Why smooth rotors over slotted? I upgraded my brakes on my V6 to Powerstop BR5 hardward with smooth rotors and they perform great, but was going to upgrade to slotted when time. Are smooth better for longevity?

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,777 Posts
I didn't paint the BR5s', just pulled them, capped the lines and hung em on the wall with shields. They still have the Raybestos EHT pads.

I think drilled, slotted, or both are basically designer rotors. Slotted will hum under aggressive action.
I got my BR9 fronts in the MOPAR big brake kit which included smoothies. Loving them, I'll probably stay with them.

PM me your address and I will box, weigh, and calculate UPS shipping from N GA and let you know.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I didn't know that AWD placed calipers differently. These BR9s are huge castings. I did bolt it up. Seems to fit. Just waiting for the rotors & pads. I think they mislabeled the boxes, the box is marked right but the bleeder is on top when mounted to the left spindle as it should be.

·
Registered
2015 SE
11 Posts
Why smooth rotors over slotted? I upgraded my brakes on my V6 to Powerstop BR5 hardward with smooth rotors and they perform great, but was going to upgrade to slotted when time. Are smooth better for longevity?
I Was told by my mechanic the same as georgiapi stated, they are more or less designer rotors.Smoothies will be fine for my application. Black Diamond if you don't mind me asking, how much did that power stop br5 package run you? Did you have to purchase anything else ....was it complete? I looked at those while back when I had my 2012 V6. Didn't get a chance to upgrade before she was totaled(5 years ago).

I asked, and my guy said he'd assist/teach me in doing the brake job myself at his shop if I bring it in on a slow day. I want to learn to fix/maintain my Mopar as much as possible. Says I can use his lift to do my own fluids as well.
Georgiapi, Will do on the Dm.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
It would be awesome if someone could make these calipers out of aluminum bc these cast iron ones are heavy af on a boat that weighs a ton(2) already lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Black Diamond if you don't mind me asking, how much did that power stop br5 package run you? Did you have to purchase anything else ....was it complete? I looked at those while back when I had my 2012 V6. Didn't get a chance to upgrade before she was totaled(5 years ago).
I did the Power Stop R/T Front Brake Kit (KCOE2560A) w/StopTech SS Brake Hose Kit (950.63003). The kit was around $300 which wasn’t bad since it came with calipers, rotors, and pads. Just had my mechanic swapped everything over; didn’t needed to change brake shield either.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,777 Posts
Not,, BR9.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
33 Posts
Anyone in need of some BR9 parts? I bought all the calipers/adapters, front backing plates and hoses for my Challenger and then had to sell the car. No rotors or pads. If so, send me a PM and we can talk.

·
Registered
2015 SE
11 Posts
I just re-read the thread in total...again. Thinking I might as well go up to BR9 instead of BR5.
Oh what to do what to do..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just re-read the thread in total...again. Thinking I might as well go up to BR9 instead of BR5.
Oh what to do what to do..
i just did the swap. I haven't driven it yet as the weather is crappy. My guess is that this set up adds prob 30 lbs to the front. These parts are very heavy.
The pistons do not seem to be any larger than the 300S brakes, however the pads and rotors. are much larger. Probably cut down on fade substantially.
Now the rears look like toy brakes.

·
Registered
2015 SE
11 Posts
i just did the swap. I haven't driven it yet as the weather is crappy. My guess is that this set up adds prob 30 lbs to the front. These parts are very heavy.
The pistons do not seem to be any larger than the 300S brakes, however the pads and rotors. are much larger. Probably cut down on fade substantially.
Now the rears look like toy brakes.
Cool. So you upgraded the front only? What setup/kit did you go with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i Used the list off the 300 forum. Calipers came from R1 concepts ebay...zinc plated. Rotors and pads from rock auto and mopar parts from
Athens dcj
Didnt need the banjo bolt

06512405AABOLT. Banjo.
2​
$1.58​
68232484AAHOSE. Brake. Front. Left, Left Front, Right.
1​
$54.45​
68257661AAHOSE. Brake. Front. Left, Right, Right Front.
1​
$48.62​
68217407AASHIELD. Brake. Left.
1​
$7.96​
68217406AASHIELD. Brake. Right.
1​
$9.05​

·
Registered
2015 SE
11 Posts
i Used the list off the 300 forum. Calipers came from R1 concepts ebay...zinc plated. Rotors and pads from rock auto and mopar parts from
Athens dcj
Didnt need the banjo bolt

06512405AABOLT. Banjo.
2​
$1.58​
68232484AAHOSE. Brake. Front. Left, Left Front, Right.
1​
$54.45​
68257661AAHOSE. Brake. Front. Left, Right, Right Front.
1​
$48.62​
68217407AASHIELD. Brake. Left.
1​
$7.96​
68217406AASHIELD. Brake. Right.
1​
$9.05​
Thank you. I may be onto a BR9 package for the front and rear. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been putting together the parts to upgrade my brakes to the 2014 Police specs (BR9 package). I already have the 13.8" Police Brakes on the rear, but only R/T spec (BR5) up front. So far I have received the rotors, calipers & carriers, and pads, but I'm still waiting on the backing plates and hydraulic hoses. The calipers and pads are a lot larger (and I have already painted the calipers red), but the rotors are ridiculous!

Parts list:

Rock Auto.com

Power Stop drilled slotted rotors: AR83092XPR $75 each/$150
Power Stop Z37 "Top Cop" pads: Z37-1767 $40
Left caliper/bracket: Cardone 18B5497 $85 (includes core charge) the calipers are made by Akebono and are all iron (heavy)
Right caliper/bracket: Cardone 18B5496 $85 (includes core charge)
Left Brake hose: Centric 15063102 $23 (Mopar part 68248467AA is back order & has ridiculous $180 shipping charge!)
Shipping: $60

Edit 5/26/18: Left brake hose under alternate part number 68232484AA does not have the crazy shipping price and fits perfectly..the Centric hose show above is "El Cheapo" by comparison.

MoparPartsGiant.com:

Right brake hose: Mopar 68257661AA $50
Right brake shield: Mopar 68217406AA $10
Left Brake Shield: Mopar 68217407AA $ 8
Banjo Bolts: Mopar 6508379AA (2) $ 3
Shipping: $19

I will post up more pics when I install them, but for now a teaser:
Hey sorry for the late question but are these calipers single or dual?

741 - 760 of 807 Posts