Charger Forums banner

641 - 660 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I wasn't entirely happy with the cold performance of the z36 pads with the br5 brakes. I figured with the bigger brakes it'd probably be less of a problem and I'd have less dust compared to the z37s. So far that has been true. Granted I only was driving around with them for several weeks before the chinese flu hit and I've barely been driving any working from home.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T 6M STP
17 Posts
If anyone is looking for the BR9 front parts, this looks like a pretty good deal on the whole thing.

Looks like someone bought the Mopar kit and never used it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is a pretty sweet deal for all brand new Mopar parts! This setup was originally close to $800 from the dealer wasn't it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is a pretty sweet deal for all brand new Mopar parts! This setup was originally close to $800 from the dealer wasn't it?
Something like that. I think the price started at $700 and kept creeping up from there.

I would probably jump on it myself if I didn't already have calipers in hand and hoses on the way. Need rotors and pads and I should be set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Something like that. I think the price started at $700 and kept creeping up from there.

I would probably jump on it myself if I didn't already have calipers in hand and hoses on the way. Need rotors and pads and I should be set.
I picked up my rotors and pads from Rockauto. Stay far far away from the Z16/Z17 Powerstop pads. I put those in and they suck! Z37 Top Cop pads are on their way!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I picked up my rotors and pads from Rockauto.
Yeah, been round and round with where to buy some rotors. Plenty of options on RockAuto but this mornings quote for shipping was $75. Ugh. But local parts stores want significantly more for each rotor which still makes it the better deal.

Stay far far away from the Z16/Z17 Powerstop pads. I put those in and they suck! Z37 Top Cop pads are on their way!
Definitely Z37 pads.

Really wasn't pushing to do this anytime soon, but I keep looking at and buying parts. I thought it might be next winter, but starting to think it might get done before summer is over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, been round and round with where to buy some rotors. Plenty of options on RockAuto but this mornings quote for shipping was $75. Ugh. But local parts stores want significantly more for each rotor which still makes it the better deal.

Definitely Z37 pads.

Really wasn't pushing to do this anytime soon, but I keep looking at and buying parts. I thought it might be next winter, but starting to think it might get done before summer is over.
Holy crap that's a lot for shipping. What part of the country are you in? I think I paid 25ish for shipping from a warehouse in Cleveland to Cincinnati.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Holy crap that's a lot for shipping. What part of the country are you in? I think I paid 25ish for shipping from a warehouse in Cleveland to Cincinnati.
Pacific Northwest. Seems like it is going up, might have only be $50-60 at the beginning of the week.

Maybe I would be better off to hit pause on the rotors for a little while. Heck, my hoses won't even ship until next Friday at best. Not like I am going to do this swap this weekend.

I have this nasty little OCD issue where I get all bound up until I have all the parts after I decide a direction for a mod, even if I don't have plans to do the swap right away. And when I saw how much trouble some were having with finding the parts, it kind of pushed me into overdrive.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Z37's need just a few stops to warm up. And don't fully evaluate for the 1st 200 miles

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
Just came back from driving a friends 2018 Challenger with a funny rattle (turned out to be his exhaust hitting the cross brace) He has the BR9 front brakes only with a set of Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads -- I liked them-- the initial bite feels just like that on my wife's Rallye with Raybestos EHT pads. The lack of cold initial bite is my only gripe with the Z37 pads.

Anyway, this CV-19 lock down has me bored to tears and I NEED something to do to pass the time, so I just ordered a set of these pads (PFC #1767.20 and 1766.20) and am going to give them a try- I'll let you know what I think about them after I put them on and break them in a bit. Prices are all over the place on these, O'Reilly carries them but they were too expensive compared to other places even with shipping added. I ended up getting them through bestbrake.com (who I have used before with good luck)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just came back from driving a friends 2018 Challenger with a funny rattle (turned out to be his exhaust hitting the cross brace) He has the BR9 front brakes only with a set of Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads -- I liked them-- the initial bite feels just like that on my wife's Rallye with Raybestos EHT pads. The lack of cold initial bite is my only gripe with the Z37 pads.

Anyway, this CV-19 lock down has me bored to tears and I NEED something to do to pass the time, so I just ordered a set of these pads (PFC #1767.20 and 1766.20) and am going to give them a try- I'll let you know what I think about them after I put them on and break them in a bit. Prices are all over the place on these, O'Reilly carries them but they were too expensive compared to other places even with shipping added. I ended up getting them through bestbrake.com (who I have used before with good luck)

I'm interested to see if the friction material is as shown in the diagram and not cut out at the top. I hear PFC parts are top of the line.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Did you get the PFC pads in? Any pictures of the friction material on these?

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #655 (Edited)
They came in today: good quality, very heavy and the best part is the friction material covers the entire backing plate on both front and rear pads, no missing areas like every other brand has. They are only marked as F- F, not G - G like the Z37 pads are (rears are marked E-F !!!), and I can already tell they are going to be DIRTY (carbon-metallic), my fingers turned black just handling them a bit...I just want to see how well they work, I'm putting them on tomorrow (Saturday).

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Also interested in how the outer edge coverage is on the rear rotors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is almost a 1/4" more pad on the outer edge..should clean up the outer ring nicely...we'll see soon enough, heading out to install them after I finish my coffee.
Powerstop needs to follow suit and revise the pad area on the 1766 rears! Full contact with the face of the rear rotors with Z37 pads would be great.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
/\ agreed. I was quite disappointed in the rear.

641 - 660 of 705 Posts