Charger Forums banner

541 - 560 of 578 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #541 (Edited)
There is no way to bleed the brakes properly without a scan tool than will actuate the ABS pump. A Foxwell NT630 is about $99, and the better Autel Maxi Check Pro is about $190. Today, you must consider one of these the minimum tool for do-it-yourself work. I use an Autel MaxiCom MK808BT (over $500) with blue tooth so I can move the scanner from wheel to wheel. It can also read the codes from every module in the car, very valuable for those pesky A/C, sunroof, & power window issues that crop up. It also reads the transmission codes and all the ABS codes so you know which wheel sensor is bad.

My wife likes to just shut the engine off with the A/C blowing... after I showed her the 43 stored A/C actuator codes she now turns the A/C off and waits for all the actuators to reset before shutting off the engine. Mine had no A/C codes but 24-25 low battery codes since I only drive it on Thursdays to work and sometimes Saturday for fun. I bought a Battery Tender Junior to fix this problem.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the Foxwell NT630+ works good. AlfaOBD also has access to the factory ABS bleed. Be prepared to do it several times. It does purge fluid out via the right front caliper bleeder but in small amounts. Do it until it runs clear.

If you have it in the master cylinder (MC) it will not pedal, pressure, or vacuum bleed out no matter what you do otherwise. You have to bench bleed it, connect it back up, let it gravity bleed at the wheels before you touch the pedal. Some, after reconnecting the lines will have a helper put pressure on the pedal while they crack the lines to burp it at the MC connectors. As soon as they release the pedal after the line fitting is tightened it pulls any remaining you missed into the MC.

If you let the reservoir get to low during bleeding its in there.
I have done this air in the system battle before and its a PITA if its in the MC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I finally, finally put the brakes setup on the car. I wanted to do it months ago but life got in the way. Also went and bought new wheels and tires. Setup looks amazing now. The brakes are amazing too, thanks to everyone for helping out with information and answering all my questions.

2014ChargerHR5.jpg

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Unless you got the reservoir empty during the install there shouldn't be air in the master cylinder.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
So I finally, finally put the brakes setup on the car. I wanted to do it months ago but life got in the way. Also went and bought new wheels and tires. Setup looks amazing now. The brakes are amazing too, thanks to everyone for helping out with information and answering all my questions.

View attachment 290185

View attachment 290186
Looking Good!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking Good!
Thanks again for helping me and everyone else here with the brake setup.

What headlights are these??
I don't remember the name of the headlights but I did get them off ebay, pretty sure just searched for 2014 dodge charger led headlights. I think there's only 3 different led headlights style so it should be easy to find.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Will they work w the OEM HIDs?

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Has anyone experienced the pads "clattering" over bumps? I can hear the pads clatter, if i touch the brakes it stops.
Negative. I’d look again to see if everything is tighten up.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Missing shims?

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
Has anyone experienced the pads "clattering" over bumps? I can hear the pads clatter, if i touch the brakes it stops.
What brand of pad did you put in? Some have skinnier tabs than they should and flop around in the spring clips. Did you get the spring clips in correctly?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the top cop pads but in stalled the retaining clips that came with the bolt kits (NAPA) instead of the clips that came with the pads. I also cut off the spring clips per Krautmasters recommendation. Everything is tight and installed correct, i think the retaining clips are letting the pads move around in the caliper slide. The only thing i can think of, i will put the Top Cop clips in and see if the rattle goes away.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
If anyone is interested

Unfortunately no passenger side rear caliper since I bought that one.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Kraut. What size cooper washer do I need for the rear. I need new ones and dk the size of em.

541 - 560 of 578 Posts