Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of 12K miles and my brake shutter is so bad, I'm pretty sure a rotor (or multiple) is warped...The brakes suck anyway as well (barely ate a truck rear bumper that pulled out in front of me unfortunately but no damage).

Anyway, I'd like to upgrade as swapping cars doesn't seem worth it with the availability and needing to hold it to February (EP requirements).

I looked up some stuff on parts and whatnot, and found a possible option but need to know if there are any issues.

Powerstop KC2853A-26 kit with calipers seems to have most everything (pretty sure the caliper adapters are in there as well) to go from BR3 to BR5 for the front and swap from solid to vented in the rear. It says it doesn't fit my car but would fit mine if it had the essentially r/t brakes on it)

Brake lines may need to be changed? But can anyone tell me if there are any other parts/adapters needed (part numbers would be great).

If I can spend $800 then swap a couple brake lines, that seems like a great way to upgrade without sourcing each individual part.

Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
If you plug SE/SXT into the "make sure it fits" box it will say it doesn't because they have a kit for the BR3 too. Put R/T in there and it says they fit. I put that exact Powerstop kit on my wifes 2016 Rallye and they are about 1000 times better than the stock BR3. You can make your BR3 front hoses work by loosening the metal bracket so that the hose can slide through it, but the caliper end will be at a weird angle that can hit the frame when you crank the steering all the way. I ended up putting the BR5 lines on, but I don't recommend aftermarket lines (I had issues with some Centric ones that would not thread onto the solid line. I used factory lines and they went right on).

Last thing: those Powerstop Z26 pads are dangerous when cold (zero grip - I almost rear ended other cars three times) buy a set of Raybestos EHT pads instead and enjoy "Gorilla Grip" when the pads are cold or hot.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any chance you know the part number/numbers for the lines? I'm not opposed to other pads. I ran powerstop everything on my jeep and it is way better than stock (granted bought it with a caliper seizing). Seems like this may be the easiest way to do a conversion especially if I can grab a kit plus couple lines. Probably ebay the pads and get something else....any experience with EBC compared to the Raybestos? I had great luck with those years ago but havent ever used the raybestos ones.

FWIW: I live on a curvy ass road with a 55mph speed limit so the car needs new tires at 12k miles and my truck gets around 20k (2500 diesel) on anything so far (cooper, firestone, general). There is also a nice straight stretch for passing so the car may or may not frequently visit the 100-120 range then quick slow down for the next twisties.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Brake Hose, Right Front - Mopar (68252498AA)

Brake Hose, Left - Mopar (68232484AA)

If you order ANYTHING from Steve White, DO NOT give them the VIN number from your car...they will look it up and give you another set of BR3 lines

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. I have to check through my emails, there are a couple places I have ordered various parts in the past for my truck that had amazing prices and shipping was close+fast....they ask for VIN too but Ill just say no.

Any recommendations on tires? Am looking at
CONTINENTAL
CONTROL CONTACT SPORT SRS+

I ran the factory firestones down at 12k miles. Had bridgestones on a different car and they were good but expensive. Only continental experience I have is on a motorcycle and the cheapie was damn good. My secondary is probably the general gmax

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
I have 245x45x20 Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 (not the cheap RS-A) on both my Chargers - I have about 25,000 miles on both sets and they still have 8/32 tread left (barely any wear at all) handle well and ride nice. These tires are not good on an RT as they spin too easily with the big V8s, or where it is very cold (they get stiff and slippery when the temps are in the upper 20's or lower). I am not a fan of Continental tires or any of the cheap tires Discount sells like Hankook, Barum, COOPER, or General (the G-max don't balance well)

These are the ones Discount Tire offers that I would use (all season tires):

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4
Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person

BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S Plus

Toyo Proxes Sport A/S

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
117 Posts
Any chance you know the part number/numbers for the lines? I'm not opposed to other pads. I ran powerstop everything on my jeep and it is way better than stock (granted bought it with a caliper seizing). Seems like this may be the easiest way to do a conversion especially if I can grab a kit plus couple lines. Probably ebay the pads and get something else....any experience with EBC compared to the Raybestos? I had great luck with those years ago but havent ever used the raybestos ones.

FWIW: I live on a curvy ass road with a 55mph speed limit so the car needs new tires at 12k miles and my truck gets around 20k (2500 diesel) on anything so far (cooper, firestone, general). There is also a nice straight stretch for passing so the car may or may not frequently visit the 100-120 range then quick slow down for the next twisties.
If you are still looking for brakes, be sure to check out the below links, you can get 10% off at checkout with code FORUM10USER

Charger
Charger SRT Hellcat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts