Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well I have thought, pondered, called, e-mailed, yodeled... ok you get the point... :)

And satruday I will be putting my deposit down with a local dealer... price is close enough for me not to need to fly to Idaho and drive the car back, plus I figured out what model, options and everything I really want to order... I kinda jumped the gun with my first order....

I canceled my order back on monday, as I was going to change the car to a different option group/trim level... but was trying to get more information... until I decided I did not want a dealer to hold onto my $500, plus the issue I noticed durring a test drive that is being looked at by a local dealer..

So now it is a waiting game... saturday givem a deposit...
then wait for a vin #
then wait for the car

This time I will not cancel the order for any reason.... and will be listing my truck for sale as soon as I get a VIN number... (only have one vehicle... cant go 4 months with no car waiting for it to be produced)

so as soon as I get a Vin, and my truck sells... the only thing left to decided on is.... what mod to do first.... :)

edit: actually already got that planned, and know what I need to do it... my dual battery and controller...will be installed the first weekend I have the car... LOL :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
so as soon as I get a Vin, and my truck sells... the only thing left to decided on is.... what mod to do first.... :)

edit: actually already got that planned, and know what I need to do it... my dual battery and controller...will be installed the first weekend I have the car... LOL :)
Hmmm.. so what do dual batteries and "controller" do for you?

I know the first mod I am doing, the dealer is going to hook me up with the guy who does all their tinting and I will have the windows done. Don't know why I've never done it before. I had thought that tinting was an expensive upgrade. But the dealer said it should only run me about $140 for the sides and back. Sound reasonable to those of you with experience in tinting?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
CO-Charger said:
Hmmm.. so what do dual batteries and "controller" do for you?

I know the first mod I am doing, the dealer is going to hook me up with the guy who does all their tinting and I will have the windows done. Don't know why I've never done it before. I had thought that tinting was an expensive upgrade. But the dealer said it should only run me about $140 for the sides and back. Sound reasonable to those of you with experience in tinting?

140 through a dealer is actually pretty good...

I already have gotten a quote to get mine tinted... $100 bucks.... but this is through a guy a buddy of mine knows... I would rather pay the extra 40 bucks and know that in a year I can always go back to the same dealer if there is a problem with the tint... then have to chase someone who works for himself, out of a van....

Cheapest dealer price I have gotten is $199, and was told this was "thier cost"

here is a link to where I bought my dual battery controller I have in my Avalanche.... dual battery controller kit

Basically you wire this up like an isolator between the batteries... run the switch up into the "cab" and if you have a dead battery... flip the switch... turn the key and off you go.... it has been a lifesaver for me more then a couple times in the AV.

Figure with a battery (optima red top), I spent about $250 to install this in the AV....

The kit also has led's to show which position the soleniod is in..

it is easy to install... I installed it in my AV at a GTG in SoCal...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
just got off the phone with dealer I will be ordering from... they have not sold any daytona models yet... so I will be #1 on thier list... so my chances are pretty good... only thing is.. I want the protection group.. and this item is on hold last I saw... so dont know what this will do to my order...

(yes I canceled my previous order to go with a R/T with road and track, in black, but every time I looked at the pics of Go Mango daytona... alittle voice inside my head kept saying "that is what you want..."

Still unsure about resale of the Go Mango as I stated in other threads... but I think the car looks better Daytona-ized in Go ManGo then any other color...

Also I have a potential buyer for my AV (needs to verify finances), who is aware that I could be a couple months away from getting my Charger... he is not in need of a vehicle per say... just is wanting an Avalanche, and he has seen the proggression of my truck over the past 2 years (he works for a very good friend of mine), and likes all the mods I have done... and is willing to pay me asking price due to all the mods, and the look my truck has over stockers...

So all thats left now is getting the car... :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
just got off the phone with dealer I will be ordering from... they have not sold any daytona models yet... so I will be #1 on thier list... so my chances are pretty good... only thing is.. I want the protection group.. and this item is on hold last I saw... so dont know what this will do to my order...

(yes I canceled my previous order to go with a R/T with road and track, in black, but every time I looked at the pics of Go Mango daytona... alittle voice inside my head kept saying "that is what you want..."
You had the same littel voice too? :) You and I are in the same boat. The Protection Package was one I really didn't care about, but the wife insisted we get it, so I allowed her the say in that one. But it may have hinder the chances of a relatively quick delivery.

And we wait..... :whistle:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
Daytona_R/T,

I've had my Charger R/T on order since May 15 (still just a VON, no VIN yet) and the hold-up seems to be the protection group. When I called DCX customer service yesterday, they're showing that the airbags are holding things up and don't expect them through July (so 1st of August). The rep did say that they sometimes get parts in earlier than expected. If I hear anything new I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it is official... just re-ordered my Daytona, through a local dealer.
Looking forward to getting my Daytona... :cool:

Will post more info as soon as I get my VON # :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
Well it is official... just re-ordered my Daytona, through a local dealer.
Looking forward to getting my Daytona... :cool:

Will post more info as soon as I get my VON # :)
Lucky sonofa... :(

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
epoch said:
Lucky sonofa... :(
dont say that just yet... I never said what the car is costing me..... once I post that... you can call me that.... LOL

·
Registered
630 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
dont say that just yet... I never said what the car is costing me..... once I post that... you can call me that.... LOL
As I said in the LX forum Daytona, Congrats!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
CO-Charger said:
As I said in the LX forum Daytona, Congrats!!
Congrats on the order Daytona, let the waiting begin :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts