Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell if you have the boston sound system in your R/T?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Charger_R/T said:
How can you tell if you have the boston sound system in your R/T?
If you have the sub, they're Boston speakers. Sometimes, like in the Dodge Ram, they'll put a small logo somewhere on the door,speaker grilles,or silk screened on the head unit. Hope that helps! Mike :) :happy:

·
Registered
266 Posts
If its a R/T, you got it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
all chargers have the boston acoustic sound system....the regular r/ts have a six speaker system. if you have the optional sound group II, then you have a six speaker setup with a seperate subwoofer, amp and the radio plays mp3 players...

but anyway, the regular boston setup puts out like 250watts, pretty impressive for factory....

did this help ya at all?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Actually the SE only has four speakers and I don't think they are Boston Acoustic. The SXT, R/T and up have 276 watt amp with Boston Acoustics that can be upgraded to 322 watts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where is the amp located? My buddy has the 300c AWD and on his speakers it says boston. He also has a subwoofer underneath his chair. Is that how the set up should be on the charger?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
oh, i wonder what the se has in it....that would suck.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
with the charger the sub is on the back deck in between the two rear speakers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GoDaddy said:
all chargers have the boston acoustic sound system....the regular r/ts have a six speaker system. if you have the optional sound group II, then you have a six speaker setup with a seperate subwoofer, amp and the radio plays mp3 players...

but anyway, the regular boston setup puts out like 250watts, pretty impressive for factory....

did this help ya at all?
I do have the navigation system with the ability to play mp3's. Is that the "sound group II" option?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, if you have the DVD/Nav setup, you have Sound II. However, you can get Sound II without the DVD/Nav.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just looked at dodge website and there no longer is a sound group II? I guess I got lucky and have it anyway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GoDaddy said:
with the charger the sub is on the back deck in between the two rear speakers
Is it visible in the cabin of the car or in the trunk?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
elcapitan87 said:
Yes, if you have the DVD/Nav setup, you have Sound II. However, you can get Sound II without the DVD/Nav.
well that didn't help any...lmao....uhhh yeah you can but then you can't so maybe you do but you couldn't...lol

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Charger_R/T said:
Is it visible in the cabin of the car or in the trunk?
open up trunk....pull that top piece off and there it is....it is right between the two rear speakers...easy to get too.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
I just looked at dodge website and there no longer is a sound group II? I guess I got lucky and have it anyway.
yeah i did the same thing and also noticed that. i imagine it is still available.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hey Eric - to correct you ---- you DON'T have to have Sound II if you have the DVD and Nav unit. I ordered mine with Nav, but minus Sound II. Oh - It's in my garage too. So I know thats right.

1908/4000 Daytona

·
Registered
96 Posts
naperguy said:
Hey Eric - to correct you ---- you DON'T have to have Sound II if you have the DVD and Nav unit. I ordered mine with Nav, but minus Sound II. Oh - It's in my garage too. So I know thats right.

1908/4000 Daytona
Really? I guess I was wrong. Man, they need to keep the options on these cars the same for more than a week so I can keep up!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
no problem i have been searching like crazy to find you the thread that has a pic but can't find it to save my life right now. i went out and took a look though - when i saw this older thread - and it is easy to get too...if memory serves me right it is an 8" sub.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts