Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you may have read on the NEMC thread on LX, one of our Canadian (eh) bretheren is visiting Boston July 10th thru the 14th. I thought it be fun to get a few local members together for lunch with him and his family.

Here's the scoop: :beerchug:

Meet at the Radisson Boston Hotel, 200 Stuart St, Boston, MA for Noon. Wellsy has made arrangements with the hotel for a reduced parking rate of $10 for 8 hours. After meeting up with him and his family at NOON IN THE PARKING GARAGE, talking cars, we then take a short walk over to Faniuel Hall for lunch in the Hard Rock cafe (or one of the other many restaurants). Wellsy's 2 teenagers will be there so dont hesitate to bring the kids.

They are attending the Red Sox game that nite at Fenway but 4 hours should be just long enough for them to get sick of us and run screaming in horror through downtown Boston.

Anyone wanting to contribute to the mayhem, post up here. We need to have a rough count to let the hotel know for parking situation

Im in:
1 SublimeInMA
2 Eagle3t

·
Registered
353 Posts
I can't make it. Inlaws coming down on the 11th for Jenna's christening on the 13th.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last minute bump

3 cars coming, anyone else wants to join us we'll be there.
Tom

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another great M&G, you guys dont know what you are missing.

As I pulled in to the hotel garage, I met up with Mark (Eagle3t), we wound our way up to the top for a few pictures:

I loved the Industrial feel to the top deck of the garage, wish i took time for some more pics other than the ones I got. As we were taking pictures, we could hear Gary (SublimeTime) coming up the street. Now the sign for the hotel is HUGE, at least the size of a billboard and very clearly displayed. I walked to the edge and looked down to the street just in time to see Gary trying to pull into the WRONG Hotel garage across the street.

I should have taken a picture, he looked every which way and then finally up, look on his face was priceless as I yelled down to him to turn to his other right and he finally found his way (naturally I didnt say it nicely but I wont put that up here) just as Wellsy and his family came up behind us. A greeting of laughter is always fun. After a few minutes of laughter and pictures and handing them each a New England Mopar club shirt, we headed off to the Hard Rock Cafe in Faniuel Hall for lunch.

Ya, we got a little lost, walked though Chinatown a little, but hey they are here sightseeing right?? Finally get to the Hard Rock and ask for a table. I heard 3 hour wait for outside and laughed, so we went in. Convinced the "Roadie"?? (sure as heck wasnt a maitre'd! haha) to slide a couple tables together. Our waitress from Ireland took an instant liking to Mark (Eagle3t) and couldnt keep her eyes off him (yes Mark, she had eyes above the teeth..just what will Jamie Lyn say to you seeking out other chicks?):

Here's Wellsy taking pictures of us taking pictures of him:

As we were sitting talking, I notice the HUGE order of food in front of Allison (Wellsy's daughter). So, I ask "Where are you going to put all that?" as she is skinnier than an LX Exhaust. Well, little did I know that Corey has to give the ok for anything she orders because he eats HALF OF IT!! No wonder the girl is so thin!!

Here's Alyson trying to hide in the corner from the cameras.

Wellsy made arrangements for Mark's new girl to bring Corey out a sundae (its his bday). it only took 4 attempts to remind her and the candle blew out long before we yelled Happy bday( I did promise to photoshop Corey into a kilt but I'll be nice for now, it is his bday afterall):

Now when you bring someone ice cream, what else do you normally bring?? Spoon right? Well even that took extra doing and the bday boy would up with 5 spoons!! haha

Here's the "cymballic wall" in the Hard Rock cafe:

Wellsy, was an absolute blast meeting you and your family. I hope the 3 hour DRIVE back...wait drive? Gary they flew in. OHH!!!! 3 hours, 3 days, no difference right Gary?? hahaha...hope the flight back is smooth.

Be looking for you on tv at the Sox game, looks good right now in the 5th for a win (10-1 with a Youkoulis Grand Slam)
Tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
man im soo mad that i missed it. i had to work all day .:fuming:

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Here are a few pics got from that day. Again, Ron and his family were a blast to hang out with and he has two great kids.
Group shot. Mark, why do you look so scared? lol

Coreys special moment. Wait, why is she sheilding a burnt out candle? Dee Dee De

Mark always gets the women

Corey lookin' mean.

Top Banana spotted on our excursion back to the hotel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.