Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im looking at getting either the borla or magnaflow dual exhaust system, does anyone have one of these which one would you guys say is better , im not looking for a system with alot of drone on the highway, but right now i have the 3.5lt stock system and it sounds like a tycco car. these are the 2 im looking at

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=1123

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=570

both of these are priced really good if you say your a memeber of a forum the borla comes out to be 950, and the magna flow is 550 big price difference i know...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
borla is what Mopar sells as their performance exhaust manufacturer. Mopar is the OEM brand for jeep chrysler dodge.

i would have to advise borla based on that fact alone.

magna flow makes a good product. but as many others have said... you get what you pay for, so it depends on your budget. the borla is made of better materials and is more geared towards your specific car.

just my 2cents

·
Registered
877 Posts
borlas and magnaflow are made from the same materials t304 stainless. they are both good names, just whatever sound you prefer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do the magnaflow!

:cry:
im looking at getting either the borla or magnaflow dual exhaust system, does anyone have one of these which one would you guys say is better , im not looking for a system with alot of drone on the highway, but right now i have the 3.5lt stock system and it sounds like a tycco car. these are the 2 im looking at

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=1123

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=570

both of these are priced really good if you say your a memeber of a forum the borla comes out to be 950, and the magna flow is 550 big price difference i know...

·
Registered
57 Posts
check out SLP loudmouth 1 they sounds amazing

www.slponline.com u can even listen to it, so your not buying something and not knowing what it will sound like

·
Registered
517 Posts
As I own the Borla 125s, I would say go with the Borla, it is an awesome sound at low speed and at WOT.... The only issue is the drone, a lot of people don't like it, but it doesn't bother me at all.... I've heard both cat-backs and would definitely say go with the Borla....

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
he is customizing his 3.5L to have dual exhaust. so i dont know how much of a problem drone will even be(literally... do those get the nasty drone? they dont have mds)

·
Registered
951 Posts
I bolted on the Borla 125's bout a month ago. I've enjoyed both the performance and sound aspects equally. The drone isn't too overpowering by any means, but simply just sound like a HEMI V8 should sound. Both around town and cruisin on the highway. I'd say that the drone is more noticeable around town as you are slowing/stopping/and then accelerating repeatedly. Magna's a good product from what I hear too, but for me, I'd put my money with the Borla package.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I bolted on the Borla 125's bout a month ago. I've enjoyed both the performance and sound aspects equally. The drone isn't too overpowering by any means, but simply just sound like a HEMI V8 should sound. Both around town and cruisin on the highway. I'd say that the drone is more noticeable around town as you are slowing/stopping/and then accelerating repeatedly. Magna's a good product from what I hear too, but for me, I'd put my money with the Borla package.

ill say it again.... he is a v6, not a v8. the borla 125's dont even exist to him. i know we have more than just a couple v6'ers who have done exactly what you want to do, and hopefully they will stumble across this page. may want to send a PM to chargerchick, i think she has it done.. ill edit my post with a couple names ina sec

yldthng has custom duals on her v6 as well. id go toss up a post on the General Discussion board, a lot more of the v6ers browse thru there while i at work, or maybe even check the v6 forum.. shrug idk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts