Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at different mufflers for a while now I've actually tried out a lot of mufflers. I've had Magnaflows on my 3.4L Impala I've put on super 44's on plenty of Caprice's and I've recently come across SLP but not in person. So I was at a shop recently and they told me about Borla exhuast and mufflers so i looked into it. They sound pretty nice but compared to some others im not sure. I go for loud but controlled, agressive, and deep. To me Loudmouth 1's are to loud and Loudmouth 2's are okay but not as controlled so what do you guy's think about Borla and which one's would you get?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I have Borla and love them...Deep but not blowin you away!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
On an R/T or SRT? Tone wise, the Borla 125 is the best sounding cat back i've heard on an LX. I just wish it were louder. I believe Borla uses their sportsman touring muffler for this cat back, what model Borla are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
the srt borla system is quiet as stock while idle or cruising, from what i've heard out of the 125s for the RTs they're nice and deep/controlled like you were searching for.

I'd look at JBA's as well though:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
the srt borla system is quiet as stock while idle or cruising, from what i've heard out of the 125s for the RTs they're nice and deep/controlled like you were searching for.

I'd look at JBA's as well though:beerchug:
x2 on the JBA's. I just installed a JBA cat-back a week and a half ago and am super pleased with it. It's the exact sound I was looking for - old school muscle. IMO it looks great, too. And you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On an R/T or SRT? Tone wise, the Borla 125 is the best sounding cat back i've heard on an LX. I just wish it were louder. I believe Borla uses their sportsman touring muffler for this cat back, what model Borla are you looking at?

I have a R/T. But thats another thing, when I was looking at borla's website I saw S-type which im guessing are used on imports, turbo mufflers, turbo XL, and XR-1 mufflers so I actually dont know which were 125's but thats all I was seeing on youtube.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Its a CAT-BACK not just a muffler....

·
Registered
264 Posts
okay so thats the 125's the the whole system 140125.
So you're looking for a cat back or just the mufflers? The s types (stingers) are the mufflers Borla uses on their Mustang, Cherokee srt8, and Corvette agressive cat backs. I heard a full Stinger cat back on a Mustang and a Corvette in person and they were both godlike :bigthumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you're looking for a cat back or just the mufflers? The s types (stingers) are the mufflers Borla uses on their Mustang, Cherokee srt8, and Corvette agressive cat backs. I heard a full Stinger cat back on a Mustang and a Corvette in person and they were both godlike :bigthumb:
If i have to get a whole cat back i will, but i what mufflers beacause i have a shop thats done all my custom exhaust on my cars so i would prefer mufflers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get either the s types or the xr1's. The xr1's will be cheaper though, I've seen them for around 120 each. The s types on the other hand, wow...they cost around 150 each last time I checked. Xr1's (the round ones, they have different styles) will be loudest but the s types sound the best to me and are still loud.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What about the borla stingers? I was trying to find them but i only found them for mustangs on ebay. I heard them on a v6 mustang with an H-pipe sounded great. I was wanting to see if i could just get the mufflers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts