Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 charger r/t and i just installed a borla 125 exhaust. i was just wondering if it would be better to stick with the same brand for the headers or not. I looked up the headers online and i am pretty unsure of blowing over a grand just for headers. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i havent seen borla headers for our cars :confused:

Most long tube are well over a g for this car. if you want mid tube you can check out mopar/aem and i think bmc has some dynatechs or something under 1k. otherwise your looking at jba, gibson, or edelbrock for short tube around 600

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I have Borla cat backs, and JBA headers/pipes, works great, for me. The dealer tech told me, as well as my guy at Exhaust Systems Hawaii, Mopar headers are repackaged Borlas. I actually found my shorties..ceramic coated.. on ebay for 330.00....was well worth it. Then I got the cat less pipes @ HHP, all less than 1/2 for the full long tubes.......shop around and you can find the deal. BTW, if you go w/ JBA...do use the MOPAR gaskets as they seal the best. The JBA gaskets were so flimsy, they would not seal.....on either side. I kept having to readjust as I had a hell of an annoying exhaust leak. I then blew one of the gaskets. I finally had them replaced w/ the MOPAR gaskets......big difference....I then found out they were recommended by the dealer tech and many guys on the forums......you live and learn....but some will tell you long tubes/short tubes.....one is better for low end torque, or horse power...ect......but I am happy.....take care, Andy. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
They just started making long tubes for our cars and they cost about the same as Kooks

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
i havent seen borla headers for our cars :confused:

Most long tube are well over a g for this car. if you want mid tube you can check out mopar/aem and i think bmc has some dynatechs or something under 1k. otherwise your looking at jba, gibson, or edelbrock for short tube around 600
Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts