Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to check out the borla exhaust system since I heard they don't use resonaters but on there site they don't allow you to select 2006 for a year so you can't even view a Charger. Any other sites I can check them out on?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
look at the systems on thier site for the 2005 300C or the Magnum... the kits are 100% identical from what I have seen/read/heard

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
http://www.hhpracing.com go to dodge charger and then on the second page of stuff there is both the systems from borla....112's have resinators, 125's don't have resinators.

if you want to see what it looks like with the 5" tips i can take a pic and show you....i love the 125 system.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks I found them. So you think a cat-back sytem with no resonators will always be better for HP gains then one with since its less restrictive? I'm sure the sound will always be a bit louder.

Interesting how the system without resonators is more expensive. hehe.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
the horsepower issue is such a difficult subject. everyone has an opinion or a dyno sheet to show you. i believe i gained a little power out of it. It is an eye catcher and ear catcher for sure. My wife and I were at an autoshow this weekend and when we were leaving we were stopped by about 20 people. They loved the rumble and the sound of the rev. They all thought it sounded great. research over at lxforums.com and here and see what others have to say. in my opinion the borla 125's are more aggressive and louder than the zoomers. i haven't heard the mds change on the borla's but there is a little drone at around 2000rpms but i love the sound of it...and it passes the wife test.

good luck deciding man.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dyno the car stock got 264 hp put k&n filter got 282hp with filter but the Borla exhaust and got 304 hp very happy here putting headers next at LUJANMOTORSPORTS IN MIAMI FLORIDA

·
Registered
253 Posts
geocharger2006 said:
Dyno the car stock got 264 hp put k&n filter got 282hp with filter but the Borla exhaust and got 304 hp very happy here putting headers next at LUJANMOTORSPORTS IN MIAMI FLORIDA
Was that a drop in filter or CAI?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
geocharger,

what borla exhaust do you have? i like those numbers!!!! should have my cold air intake in the next two weeks....going with the mopar cai.

if the wife lets me in the next month or so i will put in headers....i want the ceramic coated version of the dynamaxx, but they are on back order.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It Was A Charger Filter Kit Box Intake,but Open In The Top .borla The One With Two Mufflers Big Nice Tips Sounds Great I Love It And Love The Power

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah the 125's with the 5" tips... i have those also.....they are incredible! my wife even loves 'em. very aggressive sounding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I checked around my city's custom performance shops who specialize Borla exhuast systems, and they all tell me that the Charger version is not out yet. I asked about the one for the Magnum and 300, and the tell me that they are different systems because they are different cars. So I guess if I want it professionally done, I have to wait for the Charger version. Kinda sucks. I hope they release it soon. I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Slugworth said:
I checked around my city's custom performance shops who specialize Borla exhuast systems, and they all tell me that the Charger version is not out yet. I asked about the one for the Magnum and 300, and the tell me that they are different systems because they are different cars. So I guess if I want it professionally done, I have to wait for the Charger version. Kinda sucks. I hope they release it soon. I can't wait!
Ummm, there is a least one person on this forum with the Borla's on his Charger. The part # is 140125. Those are the one's you want :happy:

·
Registered
87 Posts
So the Borla part for the 5.7 exhaust system is 140125. Is that for the entire exhaust after the headers or JUST the catback? And are there headers out for the Charger yet? Preferably long tubes...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Lanmon28 said:
So the Borla part for the 5.7 exhaust system is 140125. Is that for the entire exhaust after the headers or JUST the catback?
The 140112 kit seems to be the only "official" one for the Charger. If you look on the Borla new products page, you'll only see Charger on the 112 kit. But, if you punch in a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T RWD, it'll pull up both the 112 and the 125 kit. GoDaddy has the 125 kit on his Charger and says he loves it. I've got the kit on order, but don't know when it will get here.

Also, I've seen it said many times that the catback system from Mopar is simply the 112 kit with Mopar stamped on the mufflers.

I believe the basic difference between the 112 and 125 is that the 112 has resonators and the 125 does not.

Lanmon28 said:
And are there headers out for the Charger yet? Preferably long tubes...
The only ones I know of that you can buy now are the Dynatechs. They are long tubes. I've read that Gibson is working on some short tubes that are supposed to be out next month.

·
Registered
137 Posts
GoDaddy said:
http://www.hhpracing.com go to dodge charger and then on the second page of stuff there is both the systems from borla....112's have resinators, 125's don't have resinators.

if you want to see what it looks like with the 5" tips i can take a pic and show you....i love the 125 system.
I would like to see a pic or two.. If you would be so kind.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
here is a decent pic of the 125's....if you need a different angle give me a yell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was seaching around the 'net for Borla Part# 140112 for the 2006 Charger and I came across http://www.ajusa.com. The price they are selling them at is $791.97 with free shipping. I gave them a call to check if they have it in stock and they told me they had a few in stock. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
bstowers said:
I put up three of my 125s in the gallery.

Before & After
Rear Angled
Up Close

Big thanks to GoDaddy for talking me into doing them myself, and for helping me find and fix the rattle (damn that crossmember).
Those tips look bad a$$.... so much to do ....I MUST have em.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i think alot of people are scared off b/c of the tips...but it fits perfect with the look and attitude of the car....lots of guys over at lxforums.com thing they are too much on the mag. and 300c.....me say they are just purdy on the charga! lol anyway, if you think they look good, you have got to hear them....mucho bad a$$!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts