Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello guys , i need some help
i really wanna install an loud exhaust but i don't know what to choose
there is alot , my friend has a jeep srt8 and he installed BORLA exhaust type s the tip is 5"
it is so amazing and it sounds freaking amazing really loud and aggresive
and i really want one but the problem is theres the aggresive type (125) for 5.7 hemi and the tip is wonderfull 5"
and when i went to borla site i could't find the aggresive type for the srt8
i found the jeep srt8 only , and for charger , magnum and 300c srt8 there is part # is 139 and its not that loud and the tips is not that big too
so guys i need help
any ideas...what should i do?
i just dont know if theres an aggresive type for an lx SRT8...any info that would be great
MOE

·
Registered
351 Posts
Moe, I have the S for my GCSRT8 and it does sound nothing less than eemazing. They make two types for the GCSRT8, but only one type for the CHSRT8. The one for the Charger is known to not be that loud, have beautiful tips, and an increase in performance (common comments I've read). Since the wifes daily driver is the Charger, I happen to be putting it on it as she doesn't want the LOUD stuff lol. BORLA is going to put it on for me in their R&D department in the next week. When I go up there, I'll see if they plan on releasing anything new in the future for the LX bodies. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree with ourzoo the GC S type turns heads at every corner. Just turning it over at the gas station makes everyone stop and turn and look at it.
If Borla could get the same sound to the Charger, my Corsa would be for sale in a minute!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have the magnaflow cat back set up ... it sounds good and throaty ... There is a slight droan in the cab but the subwoofer takes care of most of that ... :smile

·
Registered
676 Posts
I agree with ourzoo the GC S type turns heads at every corner. Just turning it over at the gas station makes everyone stop and turn and look at it.
If Borla could get the same sound to the Charger, my Corsa would be for sale in a minute!
Can you post a sound clip or a link to a site that has one? Couldn't you just buy the Charger system and just swap out the mufflers and resonators for something more aggressive from their universal supplies?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can you post a sound clip or a link to a site that has one? Couldn't you just buy the Charger system and just swap out the mufflers and resonators for something more aggressive from their universal supplies?
Sound clips scroll down to Corsa SRT8:
http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/Mopar/mopar.html

I see what your saying about swapping components, however, the bends and tips can affect the final tone. The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find the right mix to eliminate drone and provide the best sound. I would suggest relying on their research and development and get a complete set.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sorry, quoted the wrong person. I know what the Corsa system sounds like on the Charger, I wanted to hear what the Jeep system sounded like for a comparison.

·
Registered
629 Posts
hello guys , i need some help
i really wanna install an loud exhaust but i don't know what to choose
there is alot , my friend has a jeep srt8 and he installed BORLA exhaust type s the tip is 5"
it is so amazing and it sounds freaking amazing really loud and aggresive
and i really want one but the problem is theres the aggresive type (125) for 5.7 hemi and the tip is wonderfull 5"
and when i went to borla site i could't find the aggresive type for the srt8
i found the jeep srt8 only , and for charger , magnum and 300c srt8 there is part # is 139 and its not that loud and the tips is not that big too
so guys i need help
any ideas...what should i do?
i just dont know if theres an aggresive type for an lx SRT8...any info that would be great
MOE

i have the borla system on my srt and i will warn you that if you are looking for the sound of a gcsrt8 borla system you will not get it with this system unless you remove the 2 resonaters at the back and weld on your own pipes (im assuming drone will be horrible tho). i personally have heard both systems and there is no comparison. the gc doesnt have any room for the reso's. i personally love the system on the charger because i drive a lot of highway and it is quiet at highway speeds unless punched, then it is loud :).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank u guys alot .. my friend he came and pick me with his jeep srt8 after i went 2 do the major service so when i got in his car thr was alot of drone
but u kno guys wer only young:lol: we love loud sound , he's gona install kooks headers i wonder what is the sound gona b like??
i wish if theres one for the charger .. and the 5" tip is freaking amazing
i heard magnaflow there good and nice but is there is any one has the magnaflow with headers i really wanna hear how it sounds like .. and if there is other exhausts i would love 2 hear ur options and thx for helping me
*Moe*

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ya, I drove my rig over to do the sound clip.:)
I would of given you credit had I known!
BTW, you having any trouble with the other site, cause I am.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts