Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put a Borla Atak Cat-back system on my 2015 Charger R/T. When I look at them online, the exhaust says it fits models without MDS, which I thought all models had. Does this mean it's not compatible?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm leaning more towards that they meant Active Exhaust Valves not MDS valves.

Other than the sound when MDS kicks in (which is horrid IMO with a loud exhaust), the exhaust has nothing to do with MDS.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I believe they are just trying to warn you that the Attak system sounds hideous when the MDS kicks in and they won't take it back because they told you it was for cars without MDS. It sounds bad with MDS on - drones so much you'll want to stick knitting needles in your ears to make it stop (it actually sounds like a Honda four banger with a fart can muffler). You have to drive it in auto stick to avoid the drone or else buy a tuner and disable MDS completely. On the plus side, it does sound bad ass when MDS is off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put the Borla Atak on my 2015 Charger RT last summer. No regrets. Even when cruising the car sounds fine. There is not much drone at all imo. I still think that this setup though is mild compared to a few others I've heard though I am happy with it and a smile comes across my face when I punch the gas.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Just my opinion but the Borla Atak on a charger 5.7L to me sounds like a raped ape when going WOT. Kinda like the Mustangs and all the snap crackle and pop. Not the old school muscle car sound.

But that is a misprint with regards to the MDS. There are no "2015-2018 dodge charger, 5.7L V8, rear wheel drive 4 door, automatic transmission without MDS". All automatics have it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just my opinion but the Borla Atak on a charger 5.7L to me sounds like a raped ape when going WOT. Kinda like the Mustangs and all the snap crackle and pop. Not the old school muscle car sound.

But that is a misprint with regards to the MDS. There are no "2015-2018 dodge charger, 5.7L V8, rear wheel drive 4 door, automatic transmission without MDS". All automatics have it.
I'm sure you have a better ear for it than I. I am still new and learning much of the Mopar world of customization. I just know it sounds much better than stock and much better than when I only have the stock mufflers and rezos deleted.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
I'm sure you have a better ear for it than I. I am still new and learning much of the Mopar world of customization. I just know it sounds much better than stock and much better than when I only have the stock mufflers and rezos deleted.
Nothing personal, lots of Charger's and Challenger's have the ATAK system and like them. I just prefer the deeper tone. I do think that what you hear on YouTube with the Borla Atak differs with what it sounds like in real person up close.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts